Buccaneer Pirate Ship from OCCRE

Skylights on deck. It's very easy to assemble, just like LEGO:

View attachment 423774View attachment 423776
I just painted the deck with black paint under the hatches:
View attachment 423777View attachment 423778
A rescue boat is placed on top of the hatches.The set includes a boat made of metal. I don't really like it, but unfortunately I don't have enough experience to make it out of wood. So I just painted and assembled what I had:

View attachment 423781View attachment 423782
Looking good. Nice work

Next wiil be belaying pin racks. It’s quite simple to make - just cut, grind and paint a few parts:

IMG_7115.JPGIMG_7119.JPGIMG_7127.JPG
Next comes the decoration of the aft balcony. In addition to the manual, I wanted to paint the shields around the balcony. I'm not sure if this is correct, but in my opinion it looks better:
IMG_7140.JPGIMG_7147.JPG.
The ladders. In my opinion there should be four of them here but there are only three. They are assembled from metal blanks, primed and painted:
IMG_7138.JPGIMG_7139.JPG
IMG_7144.JPGIMG_7145.JPG

Continued good work! No, let me correct that…Great work!

Where would you put the 4th ladder, up front across from the single one?

IMHO, since the Buccaneer is not a real ship, there’s no right or wrong. You have the artistic license to change anything you like. I like the look of your painted decorations; it makes them stand out without looking tacky. Heck, I’m a Kenny Cheney fan and I’m planning on switching out the Jolly Rodger with a No Shoes Nation flag on my Buccaneer.
IMG_0798.jpeg

Finally i have finished planking ( with Bison clue ). It turned out to be more difficult than I thought. In the process I ruined approximately 5-8 planks (fortunately there were a spare).In the end I sanded and polished the hull.
View attachment 393358View attachment 393359View attachment 393361
I'm not sure if there are enough slats for the inside parts of bulwarks. I hope that the 0.6x5mm sapelli slats from www.occre.com will fit.
Looks like you long and through work on the hull paid off. Nice job! With a little luck I should be able to begin sanding my 2nd planking within the next few days.

Next will be deadeyes and bollards (if I understand the nautical terms correctly :)):
IMG_7156.JPGIMG_7199.JPGIMG_7276.JPG
I waxed the threads on the deadeyes and painted the bollards.

The decorative patterns look terrific! are the part of the kit? Very, very nice clean work, by the way. Beautifully executed! Okay

I see a lot of people here building Buccaneers. I started making masts. Unfortunately, I still can’t figure out how to ensure their correct position relative to the deckIMG_7314.jpgIMG_7397.jpgIMG_7307.jpg
I discovered a problem when installing the foremast-I don't know if it's a design problem or mine, but the fence is preventing the mast from being installed:
IMG_7398.jpg
I had to trim the railing a bit.This is the result of about a month of working with masts:

IMG_7402.jpg

Now I'm wondering what the next one will be.Please, can someone tell me which manufacturer is better to choose - Amati, Occre or Artesnia Latina?

I see a lot of people here building Buccaneers. I started making masts. Unfortunately, I still can’t figure out how to ensure their correct position relative to the deckView attachment 447085View attachment 447086View attachment 447087
I discovered a problem when installing the foremast-I don't know if it's a design problem or mine, but the fence is preventing the mast from being installed:
View attachment 447088
I had to trim the railing a bit.This is the result of about a month of working with masts:

View attachment 447089

Now I'm wondering what the next one will be.Please, can someone tell me which manufacturer is better to choose - Amati, Occre or Artesnia Latina?
That is a beautiful ship! Great work

Back