ZHL Black Pearl, Golden Version 2021

Hello SOS People !! Herb here this is my first wooden kit !! Will need a LOT of help and Input!! The kit is ZHL , The Black Pearl, Golden Version 2021. WOW what a kit !! The only bad part is alot of the instructions are in Chinese, and does not show any of the details I need on this kit ! Finished the hull, just installed all 3 mast !! Now comes the fun part !! All the rigging !! Dont` know were to start first ?? Bow or stern , or mid ship ?? Fill free to chime in on this kit, will take all the help I can get, on do`s and don'ts. Also trying to find the right color for the kit? Need to get or make up the pirate flag also. Thanks new member Herb, PS, have only worked on plastic kits !

Hers's my typical sequence for standing rigging:
Lower shrouds fore to aft​
Upper shrouds fore to aft​
Bowsprit from hull to end of bowsprit​
Stays lowest fore to aft then moving upward in the same fore to aft manner​
Running rigging is difficult to apply rules. Typically work on the inner lines (closest to masts) first. Ratlines can be added when it seems right. sometimes its good to do some then do something else for a while coming back again to the ratlines. Working inner to outer running lines allows for less interference from lines already installed. I typically do braces last since they go across the spaces where you want to work on other lines.

There a number of good Black Pearl builds here on SOS that you can use for reference. I was my experience that there were no real different or exotic rigging lines used on this model.

Hello SOS People !! Herb here this is my first wooden kit !! Will need a LOT of help and Input!! The kit is ZHL , The Black Pearl, Golden Version 2021. WOW what a kit !! The only bad part is alot of the instructions are in Chinese, and does not show any of the details I need on this kit ! Finished the hull, just installed all 3 mast !! Now comes the fun part !! All the rigging !! Dont` know were to start first ?? Bow or stern , or mid ship ?? Fill free to chime in on this kit, will take all the help I can get, on do`s and don'ts. Also trying to find the right color for the kit? Need to get or make up the pirate flag also. Thanks new member Herb, PS, have only worked on plastic kits !
Hi Herb
I built this model a few years back, it was a fun experience. The hull instructions are poor but the rigging guide is even worse.
I start with the standing rigging then the running rigging working front to back. There's a lot of photos on how I did the Black Pearl rigging in my build log I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Tony

Hi Herb
I built this model a few years back, it was a fun experience. The hull instructions are poor but the rigging guide is even worse.
I start with the standing rigging then the running rigging working front to back. There's a lot of photos on how I did the Black Pearl rigging in my build log I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Tony
Hello, Thanks for the help, will need it. What is the knot they use on almost every line on the kit ?/ Whipping ?? was told not to use super glue on the rigging, to use white glue. Installing the upper mast pad eyes, did not twisted the wire around them just wrapped them. the instructions suck on this kit !! learning from the phots on line . First all wood kit. Herb

Hello, Thanks for the help, will need it. What is the knot they use on almost every line on the kit ?/ Whipping ?? was told not to use super glue on the rigging, to use white glue. Installing the upper mast pad eyes, did not twisted the wire around them just wrapped them. the instructions suck on this kit !! learning from the phots on line . First all wood kit. Herb
I learnt early on the best source of information on how to build this kit was looking at various build logs. There's usually different ways to do the same part, use the method that suits you best.
I used a light coat of super glue on all my knots to stop them coming undone. I did a lot of trial and error off the model to get the technique right. There's different ways to tie the lines up check my log it should cover most of the knots and techniques I used. If you can't find what you're looking for take a photo and let me know, if I can't help someone else will have an answer.
I would be interested to see some photos of your ship, have you thought about starting your own build log?
Tony

In addition to what Tony said, you can just simply drag and drop images to your post.

Hallo @Handy Herb
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back