Z.M. Waterloo

Hi
On of my biggest passions, apart from modelling, is digging up my past.

A few days ago I stumbled upon a document concerning on of my ancestors.
It was a sort of a death certificate out of the 1830's
In short it stated that my great great great ... grandfather, as a member of the Dutch army (Belgium didn't exist yet at the time) departed for the East Indies in 1827
on board of the "linieschip" Z.M. Waterloo..

Never to return unfortunately
I've been looking for data and pictures concerning this ship but didn't find much so far.
there's an etching, depicting it's launch, in the Rijksmuseum of Amsterdam and on of it's anchors is on display in a park called Bronbeek in the Netherlands.

My biggest hope is that somebody on this forum has tips or tricks or even actual documents, to help me on my quest.

Thanks for reading

sincerly

Pascal

This are the information about the Waterloo in three decks

Screenshot 2022-12-05 090342.png

more information maybe via this page

not easy to find more, especially there were several ships in 1815 launched with the same name

and I am not sure, if mine from Three decks is the correct onw.

Do you have a photo of the museum painting / etching you mentioned?

Hi
On of my biggest passions, apart from modelling, is digging up my past.

A few days ago I stumbled upon a document concerning on of my ancestors.
It was a sort of a death certificate out of the 1830's
In short it stated that my great great great ... grandfather, as a member of the Dutch army (Belgium didn't exist yet at the time) departed for the East Indies in 1827
on board of the "linieschip" Z.M. Waterloo..

Never to return unfortunately
I've been looking for data and pictures concerning this ship but didn't find much so far.
there's an etching, depicting it's launch, in the Rijksmuseum of Amsterdam and on of it's anchors is on display in a park called Bronbeek in the Netherlands.

My biggest hope is that somebody on this forum has tips or tricks or even actual documents, to help me on my quest.

Thanks for reading

sincerly

Pascal
Hallo @Pascal
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back