Wood filler

Hello Roy, I have had very good results with Elmer's carpenters' filler. It is like a paste and very uniform. Dries fast, it is sandable, and will not crack. What makes it unique among others, is the 'real wood fibers' in the mix. In the past, I was making my own filler by combining the PVA glue and wood dust\fibers. It works well but required some time until it is fully dry for further processing. Elmer's filler (if a very thin layer) dries in about 10 minutes and is ready to sand.

Absolutely love it!

1628474702186.png

I agree with Jimsky--it's easy to work with and fills and sands well. I've only used it for the first planking so I don't know how it looks when stained.

There was a thread not long ago about filler. Some interesting posts that may help you. I’m afraid I don’t know how to link to it so just copied the header, I hope the link works.

Some wood fillers use volatile solvents. Read the labels and, if hazardous, use in a well-ventilated space.

Some wood fillers use volatile solvents. Read the labels and, if hazardous, use in a well-ventilated space.
Life is full of hazards, actually, it is the hazard itself :p but you are totally correct! Read the label.

Back