Which kit would you recomend

Hi,
I have been following Shipsofscale for a few years now. I have built a couple of small kits, but I am not in the same league as most on here. I would love to try building the Bluenose, but which kit would be best for ( what I would say is, an intermediate builder )

thanks
Jim

Hi Jim,

You can consider the bluenose group build. This is a plank on frame model which a lot of people are building now. It will help you to build it as there is a lot of support when you need it.
The bluenose build is a wonderfull partly open build model.

See here the group build info.

Or you can contact Heinrich @Heinrich who is very familiar with this model.

Hope to see your build on SOS in the near future.

Hello Jimbo. It is great to hear that you are interested in building Bluenose. As @Maarten and @Bryian have so kindly pointed out, I am the moderator of the Bluenose Group Build. The YuanQing model of Bluenose is unique as it is the only POF (Plank-on-Frame) or Full-Rib kit in the world. The Bluenose Group Build is the largest on SOS which means that everything you might possibly need is at your disposal - from great build logs to use as example and translated instructions, to an absolute wealth of historical information on Bluenose. As an example, I have attached pictures from 3 builds: these range from a very close to standard build, to one which has been modified but retains the basic structure of the ship to one which is still in the process of pushing model building boundaries beyond what even the designers of the kit thought possible! :)

9E4AD77D-8D95-4A71-B90B-2C75E2490EA4.jpeg
Almost standard Bluenose by @Robertd Robert Dros showing the open side.

62215F19-7E2D-4794-8A01-F1B45B381C70.jpeg

Modified Bluenose in terms of various scratch-built features by @Dean62 Dean.

10DF013B-9067-4B53-AEAE-0A44498E4486.jpeg
Another view of Dean's Bluenose.

And then .... when there are no boundaries ...

The sawn-in half, fully compartmentalized version by @Peter Voogt

563 Demo.jpg
564 Demo.jpg

If you need any further information (ordering and buying procedure) just drop me a PM.

Kindest regards - Heinrich

Back