Want to build the Bismarck

I'm in process of building the Agora Titanic and want to build the Bismarck afterwards. BUT, Agora has discontinued the Bismarck model. I want to go 1:200 scale. Can anyone suggest a good company for me to build the Bismarck? If it is Hatchette, which buildups would you suggest? Not rich but I can afford a little money :)
Gene in East Tennessee

I made the Amati and was happy with it. Somewhere arround 8500 pc photo-etch parts and hull in wood. The only real problem I had was to wire the stantions. I was so despered that I only used the stantions with no wire. Altough I tried to make the little holes a bit wider I did not succeed. The wire itself is superthin nylon strap and stiff enough for that job. But no succes… For the rest everything went well and Amati has real good manuals. Also video’s on YouTube from themselves (I think…)
Have fun wathever brand you choose,
Kind regards, Daniel

I built the 1/200 Hachette Bismarck about 20 years ago. I believe it was developed by Amati.
If I had my choice again,I would go with the Trumpeter kit.

I too build the Amati Bismarck. The stanchions were a royal pain, but I stuck with it because it added a nice detail. Took me a long time to complete. I also made a build log.

Davaoshipmodeller Bismarck is also a good channel on YouTube to check if you would be happy with Amati. Looking forwards to see what your choice will be. I guess every brand has their pro’s & con’s…

Back