Victory Model Carved Entirely from Victory Oak

Obviously, this is not my model. And I have to believe that many have seen this in the past, and it may even be posted here somewhere (especially since the article referred to below was posted in 2010). But I only found it today, with a Pinterest link, and thought others might be interested as well.

This is a 47" long model of the Victory which has been carved entirely (and I mean entirely - including sails and ropes!) from one or more pieces of the original HMS Victory oak wood. I'll only show one picture here, since the title of this thread is to "Submit images", and recommend that those interested go to the carver's web site. Unfortunately, none of the photos appear enlargeable, nor are they that large, but this is obviously still and incredible project that took almost 20 years!

HMS Victory Sculpture

article-1320476-0B9BBD6F000005DC-797_634x820.jpg

The above photo is taken from an article on the Daily Mail.

What an incredible achievement!

You gotta be kidding me!! This should be a candidate for Ripley's Believe It Or Not!!!

Rick1011

Obviously, this is not my model. And I have to believe that many have seen this in the past, and it may even be posted here somewhere (especially since the article referred to below was posted in 2010). But I only found it today, with a Pinterest link, and thought others might be interested as well.

This is a 47" long model of the Victory which has been carved entirely (and I mean entirely - including sails and ropes!) from one or more pieces of the original HMS Victory oak wood. I'll only show one picture here, since the title of this thread is to "Submit images", and recommend that those interested go to the carver's web site. Unfortunately, none of the photos appear enlargeable, nor are they that large, but this is obviously still and incredible project that took almost 20 years!

HMS Victory Sculpture

article-1320476-0B9BBD6F000005DC-797_634x820.jpg

The above photo is taken from an article on the Daily Mail.

What an incredible achievement!
Wow! You ARE the MAN!! Marvellous.

Back