USS Constitution 1:70 Scratch

My deepest respect for your fantastic work.... incredible and from scratch...respect respect
Marc

Hi
Your planking is great it's funny how it always looks easier and better when someone else is doing it.
Tony
Thank you Tony. It's actually not easy at all. As you know, hull planking is the most difficult and time consuming part of a building. Each plank is individually measured, cut, tapered, heated and bent, then glued into place and allowed to dry. But in the end, doing a good job makes one happy.

Last edited:
Yes, indeed.... Are you buying the planks or are you making each plank yourself?
Marc
I order a little thicker and wider planks than what I need and I cut them to size with my table saw to ensure standardization.

Great work on planking the hull. I know it is a tedious job as I am also at that stage. I do have the advantage of an almost solid hull making it easier to get the planks tight fited.
Are you building USS Constitution too? If so, do you have build log on SOS?

Last edited:
I am not building the Constitution, but "De 7 Provinciën"
I do have a buildlog on SoS, but not of direct interest for specific details on the Constitution.

I am not building the Constitution, but "De 7 Provinciën"
I do have a buildlog on SoS, but not of direct interest for specific details on the Constitution.
Thank you. I will be watching your build.

Back