UK East Coast sailing craft

Hello, I am new to this site and have not quite got the hang of it yet. I have always had an interest in east coast working craft and in retirement I am starting to built scale models. I have completed only one so far, a Thames Sailing barge.DSC02344.JPG

I’m impressed with your Thames sailing barge. Very nicely done. Mike

Hello, I am new to this site and have not quite got the hang of it yet. I have always had an interest in east coast working craft and in retirement I am starting to built scale models. I have completed only one so far, a Thames Sailing barge.View attachment 349153
Hi Scratch,
Really taken with your Thames sailing barge, looks very good from your photograph. If you get a chance could show more pics.?
I too like working boats, in particular sailing trawlers. Great work and cheers JJ..

I agree with Jack Jäger - would be great to see more photos of this interesting model

Hi Scratch,
Really taken with your Thames sailing barge, looks very good from your photograph. If you get a chance could show more pics.?
I too like working boats, in particular sailing trawlers. Great work and cheers JJ..
Thames Or not
My lovely scratch built, heavy for a model wooden barge, has a keel fitted with led ballast.
My burning Question is, since I am endeavouring to sell her. Is she classed as a Thames Barge
or a Fishing smack even though her rig is that of a regular flat bottomed TB craft.

IMG_2521.jpg

Back