"THE REVENGE" 1577 - HOBBIES old time ship plans

WHAT SIZE MODEL DOES THIS PRODUCE, IF 2 SMALL I CAJN INCREASE THE SIZE IF PERMITTEDE AND WHERE CAN I OBTAIN A COPY OF THIS MATERIAL VERY, VERY, VERY INYERESTING. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

WHAT SIZE MODEL DOES THIS PRODUCE, IF 2 SMALL I CAJN INCREASE THE SIZE IF PERMITTEDE AND WHERE CAN I OBTAIN A COPY OF THIS MATERIAL VERY, VERY, VERY INYERESTING. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Hi Don

I tells you on the front of the First Plan sheet. It's 14.5 inches long. So basically about 37cm.
Regards the plans I obtained them from a seller on eBay, so I guess its just a case of keep checking.

Hope this helps

Robert.

HI ROBERT ARE YOU GOING TO BUILD THIS ONE USING THOSE PLANS WOULD BE A GREAT PROJECT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Hi Don

Not sure at the moment as I have built the Revell English Man O'War which I loosely based on the Revenge with added Decorations and extra arnament, even though the kit itself has to high a stern. The Revell kit wasn't made by them based on anyone ship more of a mix between an English and Spanish Galleon.
Couple of photos below for you.
I however have a few plans one in particular I haven't posted yet but I would really like to try(I'll keep that one a secret just now ;)
R u building anything at the moment Don ?

FB_IMG_1641550821125.jpg

FB_IMG_1641550825729.jpg

20230416_155747.jpg

HI ROB T I AGREE WITH MODELSHIPRIGHT IF THERE IS NO COPYRIGHT I WOULD LOVE TO PURCHASE SOME. AS TO BUILDS I HAVE 2 GOING A SCRATCH BUILD MIDWESWT TOUR MASTER AND ONE OF 10 HMY FUBBS SEE MY LOG , DANIEL AND DOCBLAKES LOGS MUCH, MUCH BETTER AND QUICKER THEN MINE, BUT WILL GET THERE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hi,
Hobbies have continuously sold these plans (I bought the tea clipper a few years ago) and are currently showing 'out of stock' but a quick e-mail to them should tell you if they are going to reprint.
At £4.00 for a pack of 4 it's great value.

Although I Don't think there are any copy rights for these plans I do know that earlier in Hobbies production early 1900's a few of the employees including management left Hobbies to start up their own company called Handicrafts taking with them Hobbies information such as the 80'000 subscribers names and addresses and that later down the line this involved court battles between the two over this.

Below is a few YouTube videos on the these companies from a guy who obviously knows his stuff and will shed better light on it than I ever can.

Last edited:
Back