Syren Ship Model Company

I used to buy all my blocks & rigging from Chuck, & didn't know he was closed! I'll admit I haven't bought anything from him since early last year, so I wouldn't know. Are you sure he's closed for good, or just for restocking? He used to do that a lot. Just sayin'. Rick1011

I highly recommend you check Dry dock models and parts on our vendors list.
Although I am a fairly new builder (on my 4th ship build), IMHO, I highly recommend Syren's deadeyes and blocks over others. Was very disappointed in the quality of the deadeyes by others, as the holes were not symmetrical.

Sounds like Chuck had some health issues to attend to, which put him behind a bit. But worth the wait.

*Admins Note: The words in red color replaced with the original to avoid a Conflict of Interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought from both. Both have good products. When I had originally asked if/when Syren would reopen I wasn't intending to turn this into a product company bashing.

Although I am a fairly new builder (on my 4th ship build), IMHO, I highly recommend Syren's deadeyes and blocks over Dry Dock's. Was very disappointed in the quality of Dry Dock's deadeyes , as the holes were not symetrical.

Sounds like Chuck had some health issues to attend to, which put him behind a bit. But worth the wait.
Good day, GGibson,
It is brought to our attention that you make a direct comparison of one product with another mentioning the store names. While it is only your choice what store to use and recommend, comparison products mentioning store names are not allowed as it creates a 'Conflict of interest'. Henceforth please refrain from directly comparing side-by-side products mentioning the store names. You can use the word 'other' stores compare to the actual store.

Was very disappointed in the quality of the deadeyes by others, as the holes were not symmetrical.

This is another myth I will bust soon in an article. The shape of blocks and deadeyes. There is "somebody" believing and telling he knows (same with the lay of rope) and bashing others but he is wrong. There is a wide wide wide range of shape of blocks and deadeyes in literature, drawings and archeologic founds. There is no right or wrong.

The Dry Dock Blocks are perfectly fine and in my opinion the better choice. Same with the blocks.

deadeye-shape.jpg

cheers Dirk

Back