SS GREAT BRITAIN c.1860

Paul, I assume there were *Parts* you could have reconstituted from her....such as the railings...skylights etc, etc, etc.

I feel your dissatisfaction. When I underperform by my own standards....I don't hesitate *ripping* things out and redoing it.

I just did that on my Glory of the Seas build.

More power to you.

Rob

Paul, I assume there were *Parts* you could have reconstituted from her....such as the railings...skylights etc, etc, etc.

I feel your dissatisfaction. When I underperform by my own standards....I don't hesitate *ripping* things out and redoing it.

I just did that on my Glory of the Seas build.

More power to you.

Rob
Hi Rob

You said exactly the right words if (you underperform by your own standards) perfect!
Yes I did redo many parts but no progress, I am a good bodger which means you would not know it was bodged, but this let me down and I knew there was no hope for a decent job, The model had a decent smash up and now is landfill!
It was only a model!
I will be of once again in a couple of weeks. Hope I'm not back to cursing.
Keep well
Paul

Hi Rob

You said exactly the right words if (you underperform by your own standards) perfect!
Yes I did redo many parts but no progress, I am a good bodger which means you would not know it was bodged, but this let me down and I knew there was no hope for a decent job, The model had a decent smash up and now is landfill!
It was only a model!
I will be of once again in a couple of weeks. Hope I'm not back to cursing.
Keep well
Paul
Well...you're taking it well and with a level head about you. No emotion here....like the machinist who cut a part 1000th of an inch to small. Just toss it and begin again...with greater resolve and a keener eye for attention to detail. It is all one can do. No need to try and improve your spirits by roaming the halls weeping.

You're better for it.

Good luck on your next project.

Rob

Back