Something new in the shipyard-Paint mixer

Purchased this little gem from Micro Mark recently to aid in the mixing of paint in small vials or containers.

The Mini Vortexer is a small tube mixing unit designed for laboratories in the medical and chemistry fields.
It weighs in at a hefty 889 grams. Comes complete with the power supply and several international electrical adapters.

Also comes with a spare rubber cone shaped top piece

Sorry no pictures of the different configurations as I tossed all but the one for US outlets.
Been using it to mix the small 18ml vials however, it should work well with the small glass containers.

The weight keeps the unit from walking around the bench when in use however, you do have to hold on to the paint vial.

So far, I'm quite pleased with the results although if you were mixing several vials, you probably wouldn't want to start rigging your ship as your hand may still be vibrating ;)

01_Instruction booklet.jpg
Instruction booklet in several languages.

02_Mixer.jpg
Mixing unit and power supply

03_Paint vial.jpg
One of the small 18 ml vials

I just returned from National Model Railroad Association Train show, and Micro Mark had a sales booth there, and had one of these on display.

It worked well in display, and one what they also showed for small paint bottle was place the tip of bottle in center hole and hold the end and it worked quickly to mix things up with no mess.

I wouldn't try using this with an open container as it can vibrate paint out easily.

What was the cost?

I just returned from National Model Railroad Association Train show, and Micro Mark had a sales booth there, and had one of these on display.

It worked well in display, and one what they also showed for small paint bottle was place the tip of bottle in center hole and hold the end and it worked quickly to mix things up with no mess.

I wouldn't try using this with an open container as it can vibrate paint out easily.

What was the cost?
Absolutely, this thing does vibrate :)
$120.00 + tax & shipping

Whats wrong with good old fashioned paint stirring ?
Well Bryian, with an orifice of approximately .083 in the top of the vial it’s a little hard to stir with a toothpick.
However, to each his own :)

Back