Silent Mary by Mellpapa

View attachment 443505
I went to Home Depot and bought the materials.
I immediately made the foremast and mizzenmast.
The picture shows a set of foremast.

View attachment 443506
This image shows a set of mizzen masts.

The foremast, mainmast, and mizzenmast were assembled and temporarily assembled to the hull.
View attachment 443507
View attachment 443508I
I'm not sure about the musts in the film, and I'm making all of them up as I go along.
I think they are mostly good.
I also need to make a split-throat top mast.
I'm thinking of increasing the amount of information on each mast.
Good morning. The main mast has a serious rake to it. I’m sure you have it correct as per the movie boat. Just looks weird. Lovely work. I missed your birthday- I hope you had a day. Cheers Grant

Good morning. The main mast has a serious rake to it. I’m sure you have it correct as per the movie boat. Just looks weird. Lovely work. I missed your birthday- I hope you had a day. Cheers Grant
Mr. GrantTyler,
This mast is quite serious.
I'm trying to match the concept illustration, but it's falling over too much. (Laughter) :eek:
I will fix it a bit later.:D
It's now about 8pm on the 27th, and I finally got to 68.
Thanks for the birthday wishes.Birthday-Cake

DSC_9107-01-01.jpg
I made a handrail on the platform part of the split-throat topmast. The concept illustration was quite wide, and the drawing was made that way, but the CG of the movie is not so wide. The CG of the movie is not so wide, so I made the handrail to match the CG.
DSC_9109-01.jpg
The Silent Mary is shown in its current form in the image above.
The main mast had fallen too far back, so it was reworked and angled to the front.
It was knocked down to match the concept illustration, but it looks too collapsed when actually built.
As expected, the same angle as the mizzen mast is not right, so I fixed it.
Sorry to the person who drew the concept illustration.

02撮影用セット001.jpg
I looked at the set for the photo shoot.
The main mast and mizzen mast appear to be at the same angle, but if you look closely, the main mast looks a little more raised ...... It could just be my optical illusion.
Let's call it good that I fixed it because they look similar.

Back