Schooner Halco/ Harvey?

Hello,

How just mentioned: I´m a newcomer here and just want to start with some questions - hope you will be gracious.
I bought a model "Halco" schooner 1/100 (a "cheap" model - I know) to start and learn the first steps.
My questions:
- Can anybody provide more information about this schooner? I was looking around (videos) and I found a short video shown a very similar ship "live". And I found in this forum some material about "Harvey/ 1847". Can it be that my model (1:100) is a "copy" of this "Harvey" but in different scale? Just to merntion: I asked the vendor (a well known online sender) about more material but I got only a small picture of the "original" but no more material about colours...
- As a newcomer I´m just an a "dead point" while planking the rump (body?) -see atached picture:
The planks have got 2mm width, but the rump has only 250mm length and is "not eaysy". Could it a good idea to "divide" the 2mm planks in to two 1mm planks to get a better look?
Could it be a good idea to add an second plank layer?
VBR - Otto

20220701_165343.jpg

20220701_165422.jpg

Hallo again,
you should not start in between with the planking, usually from bulkhead downwards to the keel
Take a look also here in this building log

Hello,
Thank you for yor answer. At first I started to planking „on top“, found more and more „tension“ in the wooden parts. Then I read in an old book that it coul be helpfully to start to „divide“ the area into smaller areas. So: next try … But it is my first model - just to try And learn.
And: thank you for your link to this log. At first I didn‘t found it - I have to go deeper into the search function.
VBR Otto

Hello Otto,

Perhaps this would help...
Ottos,
the document shown by Paul is very helpful !!!
And we have several other building logs of the Halcon / Harvey in our forum.... you will find them with the research functions available here in the forum

Back