San Felipe - OcCre scale 1/86

It is pretty, and it looks the same as the De Agostini collectible, which is also from OcCre I suppose. It remains to be seen the price, because Mantua has it in its catalog and to me it seems superior to this one. But of course, it's almost 600 bucks. There is also a Chinese one that I would say is a copy of the one from Mantua for less than 300 euros, yes, the resin ornaments.
There are doubts among historians about the true name of this ship. San Felipe, Real Felipe or San Felipe el Real. There were two ships with one of these names and I don't know which one this kit is based on. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
DeAgostini had this model already some 8 or 10 years ago

For me somehow strange is the stern looking with this extreme high blue ribbon -
if you compare this with the model from Mantua, which is already 20 years or more existing

BTW the Occre San Felipe price is quoted on their website first at reduced price of €449 witj the option to purchase the paint pack for free, then after promotional period ends it goes up to €514 and paint pack is not free after this.

Screenshot_20240219-144322_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240219-144259_Samsung Internet.jpg

If one knee hurts, watch out for the other leg. Here one knee hurts and the other leg broke. There is no other way to describe this model and what the company has done. $$$ nothing more.

I have also enquired a few times without reply why they do not produce a French Ship or rated ship of the line.
I enquired again during the promotion video and they actually replied that they will be issuing a French Ship near the end of the year, what it is I don't know, but bets must be on the SR ???

If one knee hurts, watch out for the other leg. Here one knee hurts and the other leg broke. There is no other way to describe this model and what the company has done. $$$ nothing more.
I definitely agree, it's a nothing move at no cost apart from reboxing.

Yes. I know what ship.
I hope its not the De agostini one they release, but fear it maybe.
This is one thing I didn't want a wooden ship manufacturer to do, going down the same road that plastic kit manufacturers did, buying rights from some other company then re boxing and selling the same kit. Imho this is something our hobby does not need.

I hope its not the De agostini one they release, but fear it maybe.
This is one thing I didn't want a wooden ship manufacturer to do, going down the same road that plastic kit manufacturers did, buying rights from some other company then re boxing and selling the same kit. Imho this is something our hobby does not need.
They made the "Flying dutchman" from the Eastern European or even Russian version of the galleon "Deagostini San Juan Bautista", it was enough to change the galleon figure and paint it black, so nothing else will happen. Next will still be the same, only painted models. I don't expect anything else.

HMMMM
NO
I think even ZHL's san Felipe beat this one for coast scale and decorations.

IMG_20240220_111329.jpgIMG_20240220_111257.jpg
Yes. I know what ship.

It's so obvious ROTF
They made the "Flying dutchman" from the Eastern European or even Russian version of the galleon "Deagostini San Juan Bautista", it was enough to change the galleon figure and paint it black, so nothing else will happen. Next will still be the same, only painted models. I don't expect anything else.
I'm waiting to see the full design of the Flying Dutchman from ZHL ,it should be impressive like the black pearl.

De toda forma, um magnífico navio, uma suntuosidade todas as decorações, parabéns a OcCre que ultimamente está relançando kits de alto padrão.

Io comunque non capisco,perché per le varie aziende che producono kit nessuna riesce a partorire un modello del tutto nuovo,un vascello dell'età dell'oro della navigazione che sia svedese o ottomano,documenti originali dell'epoca c'è ne sono fortunatamente tanti... Bisognerebbe soltanto studiare....

Back