Riva Aquarama by Mallacoota

Comments.

1. This is an advanced build and was right at my limit...a better modeller would do better than me. If you rate yourself intermediate think twice.

2. There are some missing parts and some parts with no apparent role. The missing parts were...
...insufficient 1x1 inlay for foredeck stripes
...two port fairleads for rear quarter rather than one port and one starboard\
....8 dashboard pull switches when 10 required
....4 throttle handles when only 2 required
The basic instruction book is OK at best with Italian/English translations for most steps.

3. There was obviously an upgrade to the kit in recent years and a supplement to the instructions covering the upholstery and the bow mainly... .. they have deleted the metal gunwale strip and replaced it with a cheap white plastic strip which you are supposed to paint silver....I did not use it and left the gunwale naked.

4. There is no English parts list

5. The metal fittings are high quality, as are all the components really.

Even though there are two instruction books there is still a lot of info missing... It is a fairly challenging build with no stem to bring planks up to and ditton no keel. I have to admit I am a long way from the required standard of epoxy coating..was a lot better by the time I finished.

Last edited:
Thanks Chestcutter..appreciate it.

I forgot to mention that they provide two pieces designed to run down the stem leading edge. I simply could not make the shape go even close to my finished bow.... happy to accept that my bow is somehow "wrong" but it is really determined by the framing so I am not at all clear on what is going on there..?

Did you nail the exhaust surrounds onto the transom? It looks from the photos that you did but which nails did you use? Did you also nail the headlight surrounds on as well? The nails in the kit are brass I think and seem rather long for this job. Also what type of glue did you use to attach the fittings please? Cheers Duncan

Personally, I think you did an excellent job on this !!!

Back