Rigging Occre model Essex

I am almost done with building and mounting the masts and then rigging will begin. The rigging plans provided with this kit are confusing and lack detail. The videos provide some help but most don't include an over all view as they show very detailed views of a small portion and don't provide a total view of where each line begins and terminates. This is my first Occre model and perhaps I can get used to Occre's instructions as I begin the rigging. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Bill W.

My limited experience (working on my first) with OcCre is that their plans are somewhat simplified, but still not very detailed as you suggest. My suggestion would be to look at some general references on rigging that are available and attempt to understand what each line is supposed to do. This can help with figuring where/how to attach to masts, pins, yards, etc. One on the important aspects is that lines run straight; they don't curve around other things like masts or cabins. If it can't run straight, that's where you are likely to find a block that will allow the direction of the line to change.

Here's a link to a presentation by one of the SOS moderators that might be helpful. https://www.shipmodelersassociation.org/misc/Model_Rigging_Techniques.pdf

My limited experience (working on my first) with OcCre is that their plans are somewhat simplified, but still not very detailed as you suggest. My suggestion would be to look at some general references on rigging that are available and attempt to understand what each line is supposed to do. This can help with figuring where/how to attach to masts, pins, yards, etc. One on the important aspects is that lines run straight; they don't curve around other things like masts or cabins. If it can't run straight, that's where you are likely to find a block that will allow the direction of the line to change.

Here's a link to a presentation by one of the SOS moderators that might be helpful. https://www.shipmodelersassociation.org/misc/Model_Rigging_Techniques.pdf
Thank you for the advice. I have studied the existing rigging plans and made some progress. I think that I will have get familiar with what they provided. I also have a few ship modeling books and will be reading what is in the books. I did find some Occre Essex photos on the internet that will help. Bill W.

I am almost done with building and mounting the masts and then rigging will begin. The rigging plans provided with this kit are confusing and lack detail. The videos provide some help but most don't include an over all view as they show very detailed views of a small portion and don't provide a total view of where each line begins and terminates. This is my first Occre model and perhaps I can get used to Occre's instructions as I begin the rigging. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Bill W.
Hallo Bill alias @Bill W.
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo Bill alias @Bill W.
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back