Revell 1/72 Scale Pirate Ship

Decided on next project , the Heller 1/72 Scale Pirate ship , ordered on Monday arrived this morning , very well moulded and no cheap flimsy thin sails , they're solid plastic and very sturdy.
After a bit of internetting Ha Ha (is that a word) found out it's based on Pirates of the Caribbean's Black Pearl !! That'll save a lot of painful precise painting !!

Will finish Le Soleil Royal (AKA Grace O' Malley) first though , she wouldn't want me abandoning her.

PSR.jpegA22.jpg

I have that in my stash too, but currently building a WW1 tank to try and get my hand/eye back in before I attempt any more challenging...

I actually snatched both the Black Pearl and the pirate ship from my local model shop of all places.
I plan to complete black Pearl as a representation of the film ship, complete with that silly capstan round the mast.
the other will be made into a more realistic turn of the century east or west indiaman galeon, with the swan figurehead… maybe a german chivalry theme

Last edited:
Ha , Amazon sent the wrong one , they sent a revell Black Pearl by mistake , I opened the box and thought this is small , what the hell ?? Then I had a very nice e-mail admitting their mistake , I mailed them back to say the box had been opened and the decks had been painted so returning it was pointless , their reply was as followed copied and pasted from me inbox .....

Hi Roy, I'm e-mailing you regarding item number 67104101 , the item was wrongly sent and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by our mistake to which we hold full responsibility.
I understand you have already started the model so returning it is out of the question , I have spoken to Ryan Sully our customer services manager who has asked me to tell you that you will receive a full refund to your Amazon account and we will send you free of charge ,the correct item delivered on Tuesday 13th June plus a complimentary gift from our team. I hope this is satisfactory and once again apologise for our mistake.

Yours Truly

Sean Donovan
Services Assistant

Spent the refund on a TV stand with top shelf 80cm wide so will be used to display the big one.

Happy days , but a word of warning :eek: :eek: :eek: this kit is 1/150th scale and only 26cm long , it states easy click system no glue or paint required . easy click system me arse , Its an awful model , had to glue nearly every part so far , (started it while waiting for paint and a few bits for the big girl) , badly fitting parts that leave huge gaps , the Mrs put a cuppa Coffee-Cupon the table yesterday and one of me mermaids fell off the back !! ROTFROTF Avoid this kit like the plague , It'll be really cute when finished which aint gonna be long only 108 pieces , but seriously don't be tempted with this one. The complimentary gift from the sales team was a men's necklace with a skull on top and a claw holing a Black Pearl , very "Goth"

Sláinte
Murph

Last edited:
I have the Revell 1/72 scale version in my stash, one issue I have is, installing the canons first, then the hull halves, makes it difficult to detail the canons

Back