Retired and going crazy

Hello Group I am a new member of this forum, I think I will get a lot of good information after looking at all the GREAT SHIPS that have been built'
I am a retired master craftsman from Hatteras Yachts in North Carolina, Moved to Florida where my wife got wrangled in babysitting by her great grandaughter. So here I am boared as heck so I decided I wanted to get into modeling. Hatteras tought me to pay a LOT of attention to detail so I think I will do alright.
I found a Virginia Swift Pilot Boat, bought it and waiting for it to be delivered.
I have some questions about tools and such so I will try to find the info here.
Pleased to meet Everyone
Steven

hello Steven happy to see you joined our group

start here for tools and as questions come up i will search the forum to find posts that might help you

members here love to talk about tools

I have used the attached type of Tools in my over 40 more 59. The only Electric driving Tool I have used are two Battery is driven and one Proxcon on a bore stander. NO more. They are today Proxcon or Dremel with quit a big lot of different Spindel (tools) .
El Capi Thread Mar 1, 2021 Replies: 8 Forum: Basic Tools Needed

Hello I present another tool useful in the boatbuilder's workshop and more SCORPION bending tool designed to work with photo etched parts and not only. It is high quality tool, excellent for every modeller. It is used by hobbyist building tanks, trains,ships etc. Adjustable steel bendig blade...
RC Model Thread Dec 22, 2020 rcmodel tools Replies: 18 Forum: Tools, Lathes, Mills, Jigs and Techniques

I am adding to Jimsky's Tool List - This is a rather large list and I am sure that others will be adding to it. This will give you some ideas. 6" Ratchet Bar Clamp/Spreader 6-pc. Mini Spring Clamp Set Model Makers Hemostat Set Hull Planking Clamp set Alligator Clamps, Insulated, With 1/2" Jaws...
Donnie Thread Jun 20, 2020 Replies: 10 Forum: Basic Tools Needed

What kind of electrical tools are good to have. Ik have proxxon jigsaw micro sander. Band sander. Table saw. Tool from proxxon tot make round mast wood turns and you can make it thinner (lathe ) in think. Wood bender. Dremel toner. Normal dremel. Thinking of bandsaw now.
Pat71 Thread May 30, 2018 Replies: 1 Forum: General Topics / Help with Models

Tools I will need to begin 1st model kit
I'm trying to acquire the basic tools I will need to start a beginner level wooden model ship, and would appreciate some advice. I am new to the hobby and the website but am glad to be here.
Henry Thread Nov 12, 2016 Replies: 8 Forum: Tools, Lathes, Mills, Jigs and Techniques

Last edited:
i am thinking

Retired and going crazy​

you may be going from one crazy to another model ship building can be fun and relaxing and it could also be frustrating and make you crazy but that is why this community of like minded people have gathered to share and support all kinds of crazy.

tell us a little about Hatteras Yachts in North Carolina what did you do there? What is Hatteras all about?

Hatteras Yachts is one of the best yachts you can buy for 3 0r 4 million
I was a woodmaker and pretty much anything made with wood I did
Thanks for your reply

Hello Group I am a new member of this forum, I think I will get a lot of good information after looking at all the GREAT SHIPS that have been built'
I am a retired master craftsman from Hatteras Yachts in North Carolina, Moved to Florida where my wife got wrangled in babysitting by her great grandaughter. So here I am boared as heck so I decided I wanted to get into modeling. Hatteras tought me to pay a LOT of attention to detail so I think I will do alright.
I found a Virginia Swift Pilot Boat, bought it and waiting for it to be delivered.
Pleased to meet Everyone
Steven
Hi Steven , we are all a bit graze LOL however just enjoy the ride , you will be fine

Hallo Steven,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
We will try to help and assist you as much as possible. Once you received the kit I would suggest to start a building log of your project.
So we will be able to follow your work, give hints and tipps and able to answer all your questions.
I am pretty sure, that with your experience with wood, you will enjoy our hobby very much.

Pleased to meet Everyone
Steven
Hallo Steven alias @steven
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Pleased to meet Everyone
Steven
Hallo @steven
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
and? still going crazy? ;)

Hej Steven, welcome and good luck. With your experience you'll be fine;-)

pssst..one tip...keep the great great grand kids (far!) away from your build...

Back