Reaching out for Help

Ecv

Hello all,
Recently received a Corel kit, Victory kit SM23, unfortunate parts are missing. I am desperately reaching out to those that have built the kit for assistance with manuals and plans. I hope to manufacture the missing parts from these plans. Any assistance in anyway, leads to sites, etc., for plans or parts is greatly appreciated. Terrible not to complete this beautiful ship.

May I ask where you bought the kit? If you bought it from a major retailer then they can help. However, unfortunately, eBay is very bad about this as people will buy the kit and rob manuals, plans, etc. from it and then try to resale it - I hope that this is not the case for you. However, let us know what parts are missing like Bryain said and maybe someone or somehow we can help.

Unsure of the number of parts missing without reference to parts list, manual or plans. What's obviously missing are the bulkheads,most of the keel, rigging and all printed material.

What's obviously missing are the bulkheads,most of the keel, rigging and all printed material.
Sounds like the previous owner started to build the model and gave up after putting together the keel with bulkheads and maybe some planking works.
I think that 1/3 to 1/2 of all Victory models are started and never finished.
So one of the first steps is getting the manual with the parts list and a set of drawings

The set of drawings is available and can be ordered separately

Thank you all, for your replies. It certainly helps to go forward. Further I would like to add the source of kit was indeed E~ay. As a novas to this craft with little funds to purchase these kits the wise old proverbs " Buyer be ware" and " You only get what you pay for" should always be kept in mind when thinking to purchase on these sites.

Hello all,
Recently received a Corel kit, Victory kit SM23, unfortunate parts are missing. I am desperately reaching out to those that have built the kit for assistance with manuals and plans. I hope to manufacture the missing parts from these plans. Any assistance in anyway, leads to sites, etc., for plans or parts is greatly appreciated. Terrible not to complete this beautiful ship.
Whatever parts are missing, they should be able to be replaced with scratch built pieces with enough research to learn how they are shaped and where they go. Missing things like cannon barrels can be purchased third party from any number of model ship parts suppliers. I can almost guarantee you that any wooden parts your scratch build replacements for will be better quality that the kit parts.

The rigging line can be purchased separately. I recommend buying it from Craft Sailor in Canada. Their line is far better than anything from Corel. The bulkheads and false keel piece can be cut out from plywood you obtain from a local home improvement store like Menards or Home Depot in the craft wood section, but you need the blueprints issue with the kit which contains the drawn patterns for all these parts. You can buy the Corel instructions separately as Uwe said.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I am currently working on that same kit. If you PM me, I may be able to send you the printed sheets I am finished with. I have completed the hull and deck.

Hello all,
Cornwall model boats in the Uksell plans for most of the common
Hello all,
Cornwall model boats here in the UK sell plans and fittings for a lot of the common kits found available.If you look on their website www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk and look under modelboat plans and also fittings you may find a lot of what you are looking for.

Hi,
I built the deAgostini Victory several years ago - the build log is here on SoS somewhere - and I bought some of the part-works, component parts and a completed keel with attached bulkheads and deck from an eB*y seller. This has been sitting around ever since (I had already passed this stage on my own model) and I doubt I’ll ever do any more to it.
If it’s of any use to you I’d be happy to send it for the cost of postage. I think it’s 1/94 scale and it measures about 73cm long by 17cm at the widest point.
If you think it might be of interest I could take a couple of photos to give you a better idea. Let me know what you think.
All the best for now.
Mike.

Back