Hello
I have a question.
What dimensions are the hinges in the partition doors in your models
diameter for the hinge rivet.
Please let me know on a metric scale
I have an idea but I need some data

Roman

Hi Roman,
It would be great if you can provide more information on the ship/boat you are working.
What scale and what type of ship/boat it is and are the hinges going to be used or static.
The more information you can give us the better we may be able to help.
And possibly photos as they say so many words.

Thank you for your response
I am now thinking of a tool for making hinges for colleagues. I know the scale is usually 1:48. I know that making hinges creates a lot of problems. That's why I wanted to make a tool that would allow others to easily and quickly make such a hinge. Perhaps soon tests of such a tool. Therefore, I am asking for the diameter for the hinge pin.
Roman

Thank you for your response
I am now thinking of a tool for making hinges for colleagues. I know the scale is usually 1:48. I know that making hinges creates a lot of problems. That's why I wanted to make a tool that would allow others to easily and quickly make such a hinge. Perhaps soon tests of such a tool. Therefore, I am asking for the diameter for the hinge pin.
Roman
Hi Roman,
I have had a look around and I am unable to find anything on 1/48 scale.
Hopefully one of our members that are working on a 1/48 scale model might be able to help with the measurements.

Hallo Roman,
in scale 1:48 a hinch with inner diameter of 0,6mm would be in real 2,9cm.
and this would be for the cone of the hinch.
I guess it is still slightly outscaled and too big.
So you see, as smaller the ring could be done as better, than it could be also used for bigger scales.

Often the hinches for models are made with a short piece of a brass tube which can be easily taken with smaller diameters (0,3 or 0,5mm and than soldered agaianst the hinch blade

Having laid the first planking of my Pinta (Amati) I thought as an experiment I'd apply a layer of wood filler prior to sanding, remembering how thin the planking became in places on my Billing Bounty (and having to add a 2nd layer to a single plank kit). After sanding I was quite surprised how much the lime planks seemed to have distorted despite having sanded the bulkheads to a good shape.

IMG_5145.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

Having laid the first planking of my Pinta (Amati) I thought as an experiment I'd apply a layer of wood filler prior to sanding, remembering how thin the planking became in places on my Billing Bounty (and having to add a 2nd layer to a single plank kit). After sanding I was quite surprised how much the lime planks seemed to have distorted despite having sanded the bulkheads to a good shape.
Hallo @Stuart Little
I guess this is not the correct place for your post - please advise if we should move it

Back