Question:_ Some ideas for lifeboat?

Somewhere on this site there is a method of making ships boats using nylon stockings. I don't have a link but maybe someone else does. Maybe you could try the "search" but I have no idea what you would search for :)

You can make the plug and create the hull in either fiberglass or even use vacuform machine if they are small enough and then add the wood internal parts. For the fiberglass, you will need to get a VERY thin material (like a couple layers of nylon stocking). MicroMark has a small vacuform machine available for not too much money.

You can make the plug and create the hull in either fiberglass or even use vacuform machine if they are small enough and then add the wood internal parts. For the fiberglass, you will need to get a VERY thin material (like a couple layers of nylon stocking). MicroMark has a small vacuform machine available for not too much money.
Micromark?..... I looking for it

Ah yes. A ship's boat. Another level of tedium. I have used modeller's clay on one occasion. Once painted it becomes quite durable. Easy to work.
Recovered_jpg_file(21647).jpg20210918_095631.jpg

I found building the boats to be the most enjoyable part of building the Discovery. I think that when i finish it i will concentrate on ships boats.

Back