Promotion

I want to thank all those involved for my promotion from Seaman Recruit to Seaman Apprentice although I have to get bumped up a couple of more pay grades to get out of mess cook duties.

I want to thank all those involved for my promotion from Seaman Recruit to Seaman Apprentice although I have to get bumped up a couple of more pay grades to get out of mess cook duties.
Hi Gordon, is there a key here for the Ranking system ...........?

Hi Gordon, is there a key here for the Ranking system ...........?
One of the moderators explained: as you post more your rank grows.
Not only more posting new threads, but your forum activities including reacting to someone's posts, and reactions to your posts from other members. Replaying to your or others' posts... One word- to be an active member! ;)

One of the moderators explained: as you post more your rank grows.
Thankyou, but I understand that.
What I want to know is "what are the different Ranks called.
But what I really want to see is a graphical key of the ranks .................................................
So what am I now, a Private.........?

But what I really want to see is a graphical key of the ranks .................................................
Ranks are just for fun, they do not reflect any status. All your posts will be public unless you send a Private Message to a member or group of members. Your rank will change based on your forum activities. Your activity is rewarded with trophies. Here are all the trophies you might receive

The badges denote the enlisted ranks within the US Navy as well, I believe, in the US Coast Guard.
A new member starts out as a Seaman Apprentice (2 white angular stripes), E-2
You are currently a Seaman (3 white angular stripes), E-3, then as follows in seniority:
3rd Class Petty Officer (1 gold chevron), E-4
2nd Class Petty Officer (2 gold chevrons), E-5
1st Class Petty Officer (3 gold chevrons), E-6
Chief Petty Officer (3 gold chevrons & rocker), E-7
Senior Chief Petty Officer (3 gold chevrons, rocker, and 1 star), E-8
Master Chief Petty Officer (3 gold chevrons, rocker, and 2 stars), E-9
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (3 gold chevrons, rocker, and 3 stars), Special Pay Grade and Top Dog.

Hope that helps.
...henry

The badges denote the enlisted ranks within the US Navy as well, I believe, in the US Coast Guard.
A new member starts out as a Seaman Apprentice (2 white angular stripes), E-2
You are currently a Seaman (3 white angular stripes), E-3, then as follows in seniority:
3rd Class Petty Officer (1 gold chevron), E-4
2nd Class Petty Officer (2 gold chevrons), E-5
1st Class Petty Officer (3 gold chevrons), E-6
Chief Petty Officer (3 gold chevrons & rocker), E-7
Senior Chief Petty Officer (3 gold chevrons, rocker, and 1 star), E-8
Master Chief Petty Officer (3 gold chevrons, rocker, and 2 stars), E-9
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (3 gold chevrons, rocker, and 3 stars), Special Pay Grade and Top Dog.

Hope that helps.
...henry
Hi Henry, yes that is exactly what I wanted to know.
Thanks for your help and taking the time to type that info up.
Much appreciated
Wayne

Back