(Pre)Intro myself and Gunboat Philadelphia Question

This post will have to serve as a pre-introduction. I plan to make a better intro with my thoughts on beginner's tips and maybe a few pics from my first two builds (AL Providence, MS Philadelphia). In the mean time I have a question for members. I enjoy the Gunboat Philadelphia and its history and have had the opportunity to view the ship as she currently rests in the Smithsonian (although current COVID-restrictions limited to viewing from the bow).

My question is: Has anyone considered or actually used the MS kit to build the Philadelphia in it's current state (deteriorated condition, cannonball in the hull, etc)? I'll need to get some more experience before I even consider it but I think it would interesting to display models of Philadelphia 'as-sailed' and 'as-is'.

I look forward to your thoughts.

welcome. Seems like a good idea for a display. If you've built the MS kit then you should have some good plans to hand (I've jusy bought their Picket boat kit and I'm impressed with the quality). That should be a good start for templates to build a beaten up version if you fancy a scratch build. Would be cheaper than buying another kit and you're not looking for a 'showroom' finish.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
I am looking forward to see some of your work

This post will have to serve as a pre-introduction. I plan to make a better intro with my thoughts on beginner's tips and maybe a few pics from my first two builds (AL Providence, MS Philadelphia). In the mean time I have a question for members. I enjoy the Gunboat Philadelphia and its history and have had the opportunity to view the ship as she currently rests in the Smithsonian (although current COVID-restrictions limited to viewing from the bow).

My question is: Has anyone considered or actually used the MS kit to build the Philadelphia in it's current state (deteriorated condition, cannonball in the hull, etc)? I'll need to get some more experience before I even consider it but I think it would interesting to display models of Philadelphia 'as-sailed' and 'as-is'.

I look forward to your thoughts.
Hallo Richard alias @Rich W
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back