Pocher Lotus72

Just taken the leap and ordered the Pocher Lotus 72. Can someone advise on tools I need to buy please. Any other advice for a relative newbie. Have made a few Tamiya models but that was 25 years ago

It does. I’m new to the site so couldn’t work out how to post on the relevant link. Will try again

Just taken the leap and ordered the Pocher Lotus 72. Can someone advise on tools I need to buy please. Any other advice for a relative newbie. Have made a few Tamiya models but that was 25 years ago
Hi Jimbo, A good choice of build, in real life it’s better than the pictures of it. I’ve posted a few pictures of my finished build on my HMS Ajax log. You won’t need any special tools, just make sure that your philips head screw driver is sharp, I beefed up the handle as using it to create the thread caused blisters. You don’t need to pre thread the holes, just add a little silicone oil and the screw cuts nicely, I broke quite a few screws building their Ducati but none at all on the Lotus, there seemed plenty of extra spare screws so don’t worry If you loose one or two to the modelling gods. Enjoy and good luck with it. Ken

Paul Koo who is a talented modeler sells a CD-ROM (or by download) which guides the model maker "step by step" for the realization of his model. He practically made a CD-ROM for all POCHER models. Each CD is full of advice and photos and draws the director's attention in the event of an error or omission in the original manual, which is very appreciable. The one concerning the LOTUS 72 is available on e-bay :

Back