OcRe Santisima Trinidad

Hi everyone
This is my first post here but I have been an avid reader for many years in particular Donny's build of the ST. I have been building the ST for too many years LOL! but have finally progressed to the rigging and I was hoping someone may be able to help me with an anomaly between 2 drawings.

I an looking at adding the " Royal Stay" shown in the first image. As you can see its clearly shown going through a pully near the top of the fore mast and down to the deck (as are all the other stays).
However in the schematic drawing it is showing the rope as just tying between the two masts. Even the parts list says the rope is just 400mm long which is nowhere near long enough to go down to the deck.

I have studied all the other drawings and can see no other use for that pulley other than for this Royal Stay.... Has anyone else who has completed the model had this dilemma?

image1.png

image2.png

Hi everyone
This is my first post here but I have been an avid reader for many years in particular Donny's build of the ST. I have been building the ST for too many years LOL! but have finally progressed to the rigging and I was hoping someone may be able to help me with an anomaly between 2 drawings.

I an looking at adding the " Royal Stay" shown in the first image. As you can see its clearly shown going through a pully near the top of the fore mast and down to the deck (as are all the other stays).
However in the schematic drawing it is showing the rope as just tying between the two masts. Even the parts list says the rope is just 400mm long which is nowhere near long enough to go down to the deck.

I have studied all the other drawings and can see no other use for that pulley other than for this Royal Stay.... Has anyone else who has completed the model had this dilemma?
Hallo @Steve_T
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back