Occre - Polaris 12007. First time builder.

Hello all. Pleased to say I'm starting my first ship build, the Occre Polaris. I'll try my best to run a beginners build log as I go.

All's going fairly smoothly so far. Lessons learned...
  • Everbuild GP Super Glue works great for gluing wood to wood. Even faster with the activator. Other super glues were less successful.
  • Gorilla wood glue worked well for gluing strips to the deck.
  • Trimming the deck was tricky even with a new, sharp utility knife. Any recommendations?
Satin varnish has been applied to the deck so that'll do for today.

Great to virtually meet you all, and hope to learn a lot from my time here.

IMG-20230825-WA0014.jpeg20230826_171417.jpg20230826_173734.jpg20230826_175105.jpg20230826_175121.jpg20230826_180418.jpg20230826_181937.jpg20230826_183900.jpg
EmbeddedCover.png
Audiobook entertainment while building.

First of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum
and mayn thanks for starting the building log - the start is done and it is looking like a good start

Welcome! My first build was the OcCre Albatros. Similar beginner build from OcCre. I find their directions to be pretty good. One of the funnest aspects of this hobby is buying new tools as you build! Plenty of tools out there for any part of the build and plenty of recommendations from experienced builders. Everyone is happy to pitch in, just ask.

On the planks…you look like you are on the right track…dry fit first. Dry fit, trim, sand, dry fit, repeat…then glue in place. Well done thus far! :)

Hello all. Pleased to say I'm starting my first ship build, the Occre Polaris. I'll try my best to run a beginners build log as I go.

• Everbuild GP Super Glue works great for gluing wood to wood. Even faster with the activator. Other super glues were less successful.
  • Trimming the deck was tricky even with a new, sharp utility knife. Any recommendations?

View attachment 391542View attachment 391541View attachment 391536View attachment 391538View attachment 391539View attachment 391535View attachment 391537View attachment 391540
View attachment 391543
Good morning. Welcome aboard and enjoy your first build. Cheers Grant

Pulling up a chair... I'm about to start my first build log here in a few days.

You are off to a great start! Good luck on the rest of the project, and I will be checking in on your progress.

james
Maine

Hallo @Minalan
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you still working on the Polaris?

Just now saw the OP post and was anticipating following the build log as I have started my build of the Polaris. Hope they check back in.

Back