Next build choice

This is a new hobby I have been trying to get started in for a few years now. My first build was a disaster and was "lost" in our last move. I took the advice I found in this forum and bought the three beginner models from Model Shipways. My progress so far has been good and I'm enjoying learning the new skills ill need after these three are completed. I have finished the Dory and the Pram and am beginning the Lobster Smack. My question now is what is recommended for the first larger scale build? I would like to get it on order so that I will have it as an incentive to improve my skills and look forward to showing my completed build to everyone in this forum. Thanks for all of the information and advice that everyone has provided in this forum.

A lot of the response depends on how confident you feel in your abilities. If you feel pretty good about them, I would maybe point you toward the Occre Polaris or Beagle.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was looking at the Occre Beagle already but will give the Polaris a look as well. My abilities will improve as I continue to advance in the more complex builds but for now, I'll try to keep my ego in check and make the next build something I can complete and have fun with.
Thanks again for the recommendations.

Its got to be a Victory. Perhaps the Caldercraft one. Yes its bit like jumping in at the deep end however before I built this kit the only models I had made were small gliders and simple boats in my teens so I hardly had any experience in building complex models. Yes it might be a daunting challenge but after all you only do one task at a time!! As you will find out there is so much help available on this forum if you get stuck it is fairly easy to find the best way forward .

Good luck - Don't worry about the ego go for a complex one!!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Unfortunately both ships are on back order. I've got my name on the list for both of them when they are back in stock. Thanks for all the information. I'm looking forward to builing these models and improving my skill.

Unfortunately both ships are on back order. I've got my name on the list for both of them when they are back in stock. Thanks for all the information. I'm looking forward to builing these models and improving my skill.
Both are listed as "in stock" on the Model Expo site. Plus, I believe that today is thee last day they ahve a 48% discount sale on your order.

Back