Hello Everyone, Yeah newbie here. Built plastic model for many many years, been painting historical figures for the past 9 years and want to try my hand at wood ships.

Mark

Hallo Mark,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Do you know already, which wooden model you want to build?

Hallo Mark,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Do you know already, which wooden model you want to build?
Well what I want to build and what I bought are two different things, LOL. I wanted to try my hand at it I went down the rabbit hole on the internet. I found the 1:100 scale Halcon????? So my research, which there is not much. But I'm sure you masters already know, there's not much out there. I believe its a Baltimore Clipper?? Not sure what that means. I think there is the Harvey and maybe one or two other in that Baltimore Clipper class. I'm sure most here are familiar with this kit. The instructions, well they suck. There are several videos on YouTube building this kit. But none of the builds have mentioned the size of thread, deadeye and pullies to use. I know its 100scale so it probably doesn't mater but to me it does. No to answer your next question, I will not be putting sails on it. I just wanted to do a nice build with rigging. I did find a video of a Baltimore Clipper, cannons removed and with a wheel instead of a rudder handle. See I told you I'm new, I don't even know what these item are technically called. LOL Thanks for any help you can give. I did find the Mast and Rigging calculator here on the site but I'm guessing my excel is to new because it will not work for me on the computer. Thanks Again

Mark

one more Halcon - we will try to help you as much as possible, so best way is to start a building log and show us your work and progress and we are able to assist and give hints and answer your questions as much as possible.
Unfortunately the Halcon is a kit, which is not often finished..... by different reasons I guess

Here you can find a list of building logs of the 1:100 Halcon here in our forum:

and the Harveys we have in our forum as building logs

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...c[nodes][0]=52&c[title_only]=1&o=date[/QUOTE]
LOL, Yeah. I figured that would be the response. I do love the research and scratch build (well scratch building of plastic aircraft). But either way thank you for the links and help. Im assuming the build log needs to go in the build log section?? Again thanks for the guidance.
Mark

I received these directions from a chinese site for the halcom they may help some
Hallo @JanCharlton
first of all also a warm welcome here on board of our forum, our friendly forum.
And you are already an important part of this community with sharing your manual of the Halcon with other members.
Many Thanks for this

Back