Newbie Requesting Permission to Join the Crew

Aldo
what island specifically are you from?

Thanks very much for the warm welcome Popeye, I appreciate it, and congratulations on taking up the busy yet fulfulling job of a Moderator sir! :handgestures-salute:

Hi Donnie, you have created a wonderful ship modelling site, I look forward to learning and having new friends here :)
I'm from Laguna, Philippines, by the way, I dropped a line at your topic regarding making a Philippine "Banka", it's a very interesting project :cool:

My wife (what us sailors call the Admiral) is from Cagayan de Oro City

Hi Sjors,

Thanks very much for the warm welcome as well as for introducing me to this wonderful site, it's nice to see familiar members in here and I'm looking forward to making more friends and learning/sharing more tips and techniques :)

Hi Anja,

Thanks very much for the kind words, they are much appreciated :)
Congratulations too on your new position as Moderator in this site, I know you will do a top-notch job of it :handgestures-thumbup:

Thanks very much for the welcome Barba, I appreciate it :)
I had a look at your Chebec Requin and I congratulate you on your excellent work, I look forward to learning from your techniques :cool:

Hi Donnie,

It pleases me to know that your Admiral is a Filipina, her hometown, Cagayan de Oro City, is one of the most beautiful places here, being included among the most progressive cities in Mindanao :D

Please send my regards to my "Kabayan" :cool:

Hi there "Kabayan", mabuti naman ako Ma'am, hope you're doing fine as well :)

I'm currently building Caldercraft's HM Brig Badger, my 3rd kit now, I hope to start a build log of her in this wonderful site once I get my pictures sorted out. With regards to your first kit, the list of possible kits are endless, if your pressed for time, you could try out the "weekend kits" from Artesania Latina. I'm a bit biased towards Caldercraft as all my previous successful builds were from this manufacturer so if I were to recommend a kit, I would go for their HMS Pickle, it takes quite some time to complete but the instructions basically teach you every step, word for word, and the main challenge is the copper plating. You could also check out the link below for more tips:

http://www.modelshipwrightsdatabase.com/Articles/03KitSelection.htm

Good luck on your choice of kit Kabayan, whichever you choose, I'm sure you will find plenty of help here. Mabuhay! :D

Thanks very much for the warm welcome Tony, I appreciate it :D
I just finished uploading the pictures of my latest work, Caldercraft's Badger, in the build logs. I'm already a bit far into the build but I figured it wouldn't hurt to still post it ;-)

Back