New to hobby

Merry Christmas all. I am Ron from Texas and just getting into ship building. I have done cars and planes in the past but new to wooden ships. Found an old Bluenose II kit while out at an antique shop with my wife. Picked it up and gonna give it a go.

6769C3DE-D6AC-4A9D-B92F-69BA69523CE2.jpeg

Looks a classic Ron, best of luck with it, and I for one are looking forward to watching your progress. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year. JJ..

Merry Christmas all. I am Ron from Texas and just getting into ship building. I have done cars and planes in the past but new to wooden ships. Found an old Bluenose II kit while out at an antique shop with my wife. Picked it up and gonna give it a go.

View attachment 347515
Welcome! The most important things to remember are to take your time, expect to be frustrated from time to time (that’s the time to take a break),and if you have a question or problem, ask for help on here!

Welcome! The most important things to remember are to take your time, expect to be frustrated from time to time (that’s the time to take a break),and if you have a question or problem, ask for help on here!
Great advice! Sometimes I find myself starting to rush and get a little impatient after I've been at it a while. That's when I need to step back and work on something else, come back to the ship later.

Welcome, Ron! I'm only on my second build but am loving this hobby. I've learned so much from this forum. I started with a pair of pliers and a scalpel. Along the way, I've learned about a lot of different tools that make life easier. If you have a problem you need to fix there's probably a tool for it, just ask.

Welcome. Another fairly new member here. Great advice here when help needed.

View attachment 347515
Hi Ron, Welcom to the SoS. I have also seen the start of your build-log. I have posted there some info.
Regards, Peter.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back