New in the workshop

A little different from my normal purchases.

Photo etch bending jig, rolling rods and a superior pair of sprue cutters. Given that the underside of the aft flight deck on my Hasegawa Akagi flight deck is photo etch insanity compared to the foredeck I have completed,I realise I can't get though winging it with just a pair of Tamiya bending pliers:rolleyes:

Kind Regards

Nigel

IMG_0843.jpgIMG_0844.jpgIMG_0845.jpgIMG_0846.jpg

While waiting for a wood order to arrive I decided to fabricate a fixture to hold models while planking.

Upright.jpg
Current project in the fixture ready for planking.
I change the attachments to suit the model. This one is Model Shipways Picket boat which has been sitting on a shelf for several years and I decided to build it while deciding on my next project.

End.jpg
The uprights are keyed to the center track to maintain alignment.

Downside up.jpg
Rotates 360 degrees.

Hi, I am wanting to clarify my frame spacing. I have looked at some models as well as yours and the frames are double at the keel and single at the top timbers. I assume yours is a model plan. I am trying to work from original ship plans, particularly some sketches alongside the plans. If I understood these correctly the frames butt each other at the keel and taper from 12.5” through 8” to 6” at the top rail. Do you know if this is common? Any advice or guidance, greatly appreciated. My build blog seagull has photos about this. Thanks.

Back