New guy

Hello all. New guy here from Victoria BC, soon to be Indian Head Saskatchewan. Lifetime modeler, New to wooden kits. Retired after 24 years in the Canadian Navy. I bought my very first wooden kit, Artesania Latina Bluenose II around 1990 and very quickly realized I was in over my head. 30 years later I've dusted it off and started tackling it. So far it is planked. I realize the nail heads are way out of scale. Mistake learned, carrying on.

Certain ships, being a navy man, speak to me. The following kits are my bucket list items.

Whaleship Essex
HMS Terror
HMS Bounty
HMS Beagle
HMS Endeavor
HMS Victory

20211117_103418.jpg

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard.

Take some time to read help forums on posting build logs.

We always want to see what others are doing and offer help when needed.

Use the search function to look up build logs on what others have done with this kit, they may provide some help or guidance.

And remember we are all here to help and learn, so don't be afraid to ask questions on how or what to do with something that doesn't make sense.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Good way, your decision to restart the hobby.
Maybe you do not know, that we have a group build of the Bluenose, a kit from another manufacturer, but there are a huge number of information, also historical of the original, which can help you in realization of your project.
Please check this out:

Hello all. New guy here from Victoria BC, soon to be Indian Head Saskatchewan. Lifetime modeler, New to wooden kits. Retired after 24 years in the Canadian Navy. I bought my very first wooden kit, Artesania Latina Bluenose II around 1990 and very quickly realized I was in over my head. 30 years later I've dusted it off and started tackling it. So far it is planked. I realize the nail heads are way out of scale. Mistake learned, carrying on.

Certain ships, being a navy man, speak to me. The following kits are my bucket list items.

Whaleship Essex
HMS Terror
HMS Bounty
HMS Beagle
HMS Endeavor
HMS Victory
Hallo @SenorPartagas
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back