Navi Rayo S.XVIII Puesto de Combare

Kurt Konrath

Kurt Konrath

This will be an unboxing of Disar Models new 1:32 scale Battle Station of the Spanish Ship of the Line Rayo. Built in 1749 as a 80 gun ship she was refit in 1803-1805 to become a triple decker 100 guns ship. Rayo was part of Spanish fleet in the Battle of Trafalger and was remasted due to battle damage. She was run aground and burnt on 31 October by the British Navy.

The model shows the three deck configuration near the main mast and has 5 cannons included.

The quality of kit items looks good and it comes with 3D printed cannon barrels. The kit is built on a display base included in the kit.

There is a nice photo and text instruction guide but no set of plans for overall view of assembly. A nice poster with multiple views is included.

A nice plastic parts box with all the small parts comes with the kit.

I got my kit as a pre-order from Model Expo. It took about a month to receive the kit in the mail.

And I added a nice photo of my workshop supervisor as well, she helped me inspect the kit

IMG_0841.jpegIMG_0838.jpegIMG_0839.jpegIMG_0842.jpegIMG_0843.jpegIMG_0844.jpegIMG_0840.jpegIMG_0845.jpegIMG_0846.jpegIMG_0848.jpegIMG_0849.jpegIMG_0851.jpegIMG_0899.jpegIMG_0900.jpegIMG_0895.jpegIMG_0897.jpegIMG_0901.jpegIMG_0902.jpegIMG_0903.jpeg

Last edited:
a very interesting idea to present a half section inclusive the mast - so a lot of details can be made and will be visible
Very interesting kit - which are asking for detail bashings.......
Many thanks for sharing with us

It does look like a great kit to build 'in-between' large projects. Kurt, Is this the new manufacturer of the kit, I've never heard of before?

When I googled Disar Models, there webpage comes up in Spanish, but the web shows other ships and boat kits they have produced so I don't know how new they are to the world market.

Talking with Model Expo, I think they are a new vender with that company.

It's a pity that we never saw the two developments from the Dizar model Principe de Asturias and Glorioso​

I hope to get a build log started soon on this kit, the vender I got it from would like photos to add to there listing of the kit for reference.

Back