Model Airways Albatros D. Va Red Baron 1:16 Scale MA1001

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Model Airways Albatros D. Va Red Baron 1:16 Scale Item #MA1001

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in attempting this Model Airways (Model Expo) Albatros as a "Group Build" Project.

Hey, I know it isn't a ship, but we can cheat a little - Huh? :text-woo:

You can go to this link http://www.modelexpo-online.com/images/docs/MA1001/MA1001-Albatros-Instructions.pdf
and view or download the manual. Looks very interesting to me as a departure from the norm.

If we start a Group Build, then maybe we can start this on January 1, 2014 or last week of December !

I can even create a new Topic Forum for this one build ! Lets sign up for it !

If a lot of us are interested, I might be able to get a small group discount via SOS. Of course, we would need to put in our orders by the first or second week of December to make sure you get one.

Anyone can join, and it is not mandatory that you start with the group. It's just a casual project that I think might be fun. I am open for any ideas along with this.

Donnie

Kent,
right now, the Albatros is $175. As advertised via emails that I get from M.E. A group build is really nothing more than a few to several people agree to purchase the model and participate online forum. Actually the only thing different is that instead of people posting build logs about their own personal project, there is only "one" topic and since several people are building the same project, then everyone refers or "post" to the same "forum".
For example, lets say that four (4) people decide to do this. They buy the Albatros, a forum will be created named something like "Model Airways Albatros Group Build". As each person works on the project, just post in this same forum about your progress.
The advantage of this is that if any person (which could be me), has any problems, and since every one in the group started together, then we all have some references "how do you do this" since we are all working on the same model.
Another thing is that even a months down the road, if someone wants to join in, then this is great, as the newcomer to the Group Build (GB) will have several people to go behind to see how they did their model.
Its really a lot of fun watching each other progress through the same kit. Also, a GB Badge could be created (logo) as an additional avatar (I would have to look into this further) that would identify you as (part) of the group build. So, when ever you "post" work on your ship, your signature could have a GB Badge that tells others that you are a member of the Albatros GB.

Donnie
ps
The model list for $400 - I know really pricey, but now, its on sale for $175. However, to be fair, I am not sure if this price is available for non-email subscribers. I really don't think this is a problem. I can always log into M.E. as a non-subscriber and see what the price would be. But, since I have direct contacts with M.E., they might swing a bat for me and help for anyone else interested.
You know, its like I have said in the past, some things are like a bandwagon. Every one wants to be a part of something big. As more people participate, then more people will want to be a part of it.

If my memory serves me, back long before I knew about other Model Ship forums, I remember building the Colonial Schooner Sultana from M.E. on Finescale Modeling Forums. Several of us (about 4 or 5) started together - a lot of fun and a lot of motivation as you saw others build the same kit together. I actually created a GB Badge so that others could enjoy identification.

I still have that Group Badge and like I said, a badge like this can be put in your signature. Doesn't have to be this big - it can be any size. Of course, this is all optional. Any one interested does *not* have to have this badge - its all just for fun -
108285461153278103.png

When you go to Modelexpo-online.com at the top right corner is a CODE you can put in TREAT13 and this will give you the discount when you go to the Albatros model - it should say $175.
This offer is only good until October 14 !

Back