Mayflower

Good morning all.
I am a new beginner at 59 years old. Just purchased the Artesania Latina 1:64th scale Mayflower.
However on opening the box and looking at the keel frames, none of them are numbered, any help with this would be gratefully accepted.

Rob

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Did you check the information given in the manuals? Often there are sketches showing the numbering with the location of the parts on the laser cut sheets, like this one (from another manufacturer CAF)
IMG_60301.jpg

Welcome aboard Rob:
Yes, building a wooden model ship some times could be a bit confusing.
I believe that Uwek found the solution to your problem.
This has also happen to me.
The lasers parts are not numbered in most of the kits, so you have to match the part with the ones on the blueprints which most of the time has the numbers mentioned on your building instruction book.
But don’t get discouraged, your problem it will overcome with the help of the guys in this forum.
Other situations may follow.
You’ll fell better once you start understanding the process.

I had a huge confusion once with a model that had the parts numbers mentioned in the instructions book but not in the plans, so I had to figure them out and write the numbers myself in plans so I could have a better idea how to go on building.

Especially on POF-kits it has big advantages, when the numbers are not marked / written / lasered into the wood - you do not have to remove these numbers.
It is really not nice, forgetting this and the number is visible on the final model
A nice example here on my Bonhomme Richard section model - simply I forgot to remove
54c.jpg

Good morning all.
I am a new beginner at 59 years old. Just purchased the Artesania Latina 1:64th scale Mayflower.
However on opening the box and looking at the keel frames, none of them are numbered, any help with this would be gratefully accepted.

Rob
Hallo Rob,
coming back to topic and your problem - Did you check the manuals, if the numbering information are shwon there?

Hello Rob,
like a few mentioned already here. In the box or in the bottom of the box should be several sheets of plans - one of the sheets of plans should show all the frames or Bulkheads that represent the wooden pieces.
Did you buy this new from a ship vendor manufacture or did you happen to buy this from eBay. Many people buy kits from eBay to find that the manuals and plans and even some parts are missing from the kits. I often discourage people from buying a kit from eBay for this reason.

Good morning all.

Rob
Hallo @rpw61
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back