"Maltese Class" boat ?

Hello all and Happy New Year.
I'm on a search for a small boat which was sailing at south Aegean sea and was called "Malteza" (Maltese).
In the below departures’ board from Candia's port (now Heraklion) of Crete, you can see that there are "Maltese Class" boats in the list.
My query is whether someone has come across this term "Maltese Class" boat and what on a vessel would characterized it so (e.g. for somekind similarities on hull or rigging).
Many Thanks
MalteseClass.jpg

are you aware about this article describing maltesian fishing boats?

Attachments

• Traditional Boats of Malta.pdf
    883.1 KB · Views: 3
Maybe also a contact to the ministry could be helpful

Many thanks for your reply Uwek.
Yes I'm aware for this article and many others on the subject (Maltese boats). The point is that the term "Maltese" by the Greeks at that time, according also to other historical sourses, were not refering to a Maltese boat but on the hull of another vessel, without the rigging excluded (?).
If we try to make a comparison, then that vessel should had some maltese characteristick but limited ones to rely on. Long bow's stem and beak of Maltese vessels, were also common to other countries' boats. Greek boat "Tratta" has also a beak and in some regions long bow's stem.
So, it would be something else to define the vessel like a Maltese one.
Notable The writter uses the term "class" of boat rather type.
I don"t think that the the Ministry could guess, what vessel the Greeks used to call "Malteza"...:)
Thx

Hello all and Happy New Year.
I'm on a search for a small boat which was sailing at south Aegean sea and was called "Malteza" (Maltese).
In the below departures’ board from Candia's port (now Heraklion) of Crete, you can see that there are "Maltese Class" boats in the list.
My query is whether someone has come across this term "Maltese Class" boat and what on a vessel would characterized it so (e.g. for somekind similarities on hull or rigging).
Many Thanks
View attachment 418473
Hallo @Thanasis
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back