Looking for: Airfix Saint Louis

Do not know, if the kit is still available, but maybe worth a try

Well that depends on what anyone wants I’m open to offers so long as it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg

On ebay there is one offered for 225 Euro from Germany - but I have my doubts, that it will be sold for this price

One was sold for appr. 90 US$

and another one for 47 US$

So you have to wait and see .......

The USA one is about the right price and fair as to big money well I’m a pensioner so that won’t happen.

I emailed William last night saying I may have this kit.
I'm 70 and it was a struggle, but this morning I went up into my loft where my 'collection/stash' has been collecting cobwebs for over 30 years, only to discover I was in error, I don't have it.
Probably the only one of that series I don't have.
I wasn't prepared to venture up there last night. But had a quick internet search, to find none available anywhere, at any price.

This is always a dilemma. I have several 'esoteric' hobbies and it's the usual story of 'when you want something, it can't be found, 'arm and a leg' or no.

As far as I can tell this kit had only one issue, in 1973. Clearly it wasn't 'popular' and was never re-issued.
That means the tooling could be in pristine condition, sitting in Airfix's vaults.
What context would persuade them to issue what was an obscure subject at the outset?
Don't see that happening anytime soon.

In my email I said I could have it (maybe).
I was wrong, which disappoints, as I was hoping to be able to help a fellow member.

thank you for trying my friend I’m sure one will surface eventually boy I’d wished I had kept all these in my childhood

That looks very similar to a heller 60833 la couronne kit if not the exact one.

I found one that I bought & built on ebay 5 years ago! It came complete, minus the fore-topmast, which I replaced using a large-size tooth-pick! Alittle knife work & some sanding, you couldn't tell the difference! It's a beautiful little model, I just wish I'd added more rigging! I believe Heller also made a version, at least I think it was Heller, but I haven't seen either for at least 4 years!
Rick1011

Back