Lobster Smack

BMT

Number 3 in this set for us beginners is ready to go.

Norwegian pram finished and was quite the learning experience. As an Eagle Scout ( Boy Scout) member of the Order (Order of the Arrow), I thought my knot-tying was very proficient. It wasn't!

Anyway, I look forward to the next ship.

Pram.jpeg

Dory.jpeg

The central spine is done (I did not make the centerboard able to raise or lower, and I think it is backward), and reinforcing pieces and bulkheads are now in the works. I would have liked a little more in the instructions book on this, but thanks to several of you on Ships of Scale, I was able to get it right (I think).

I had a few issues cutting out the pieces as the laser cutting was not clean. However, my Eagle Scout knife skills came in handy.

Things are underway!

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

The central spine is done (I did not make the centerboard able to raise or lower, and I think it is backward), and reinforcing pieces and bulkheads are now in the works. I would have liked a little more in the instructions book on this, but thanks to several of you on Ships of Scale, I was able to get it right (I think).

I had a few issues cutting out the pieces as the laser cutting was not clean. However, my Eagle Scout knife skills came in handy.

Things are underway!

View attachment 339580

View attachment 339581

View attachment 339582
A very interesting new project you started - I want to suggest, that you start a new building log for this project. It would be much better than posting in your topic of the finished ones

This would be the appropriate area for a building log

Uwe, Yes realized that after I posted that. Thank you for guiding me to the correct form. BMT

Back