Le Commerce de Marseille 1788 scale 1/72

Great that we are able to follow your project with the "tiny little threedecker" like Oliver named her......
Have fun and share with us your progress as often as possible - will be very interesting to follow

Thank you, small yes for the scale but not that much. ( (1.06m long, 0.24m wide and 0.29m high ). I will return ! ;)
yes - the hull alone in scale 1:72 is 1,06m long
Imagine in scale 1:48 inclusive bowsprit the model would be more than 2 meter long .......

I'm prepering for my future build of CDM. Maybe somebody could answer my questions. Usually lines that go through the front pulleys(orange) under platform go to the back pulleys(yellow) and to the deck, but in marseille lines in front go straight to deck. What is the purpose for yellow pulley. Is it for return line in crane mechanism or something else? There are also on all platforms pulleys(green) and the same question what were they used for? I marked it as blue/green because it's too far from green pulley under platform but it's closest propable pulley.platforms.jpgpulleys under platforms.jpg

So I found the answers.Those color points aren't blocks places. They're eyelets that connect crosstrees with platform. Pictures are from 3rd book about 74gs Jean Boudriot
Sorry for interupting your thread @Block
Str-044.jpgStr-045.jpg

The construction begins slowly with the axial frame and with pleasure. The whole ship will be in pearwood (Belgian school).
Hallo @Block
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Commerce going? Do you have an update for us?

Back