KOREETS gun boat, Russian Imperial Navy. 1:75

Hi, colleagues!)
Decided to start a new thread.
I am now preparing to the new project. It is Russian gun boat Koreets, which alongside with Varyag fight Japanese fleet in Chemulpo in 1904.

This build will be commemorative. The model itself will be dedicated to my grand grandfather who was a 1st class sailor on Koreets.

So far I ordered a 3D model, based on the archive plans, published long ago in Soviet magazines.

Than I ordered a lasercut on 6mm plywood.
This stage is almost completed and now I am waiting for the lusercut finish.

The model will be built in Russian palace style- with the polished brass details, polished guns barrels, etc.
The painting scheme will be as of Far East service period i.e. - white hull.
Hallo @Koreets
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

While thinking on recalculation the model from current 1:75 to more natural 1:64, made a couple of attempts to produce the guns barrels.
Main caliber, 8", 35 caliber long Obukhov plant 1877 pattern.

The first from brass. Blackened with brassblack. Not satisfied with the result.

20220917_202144.jpg20220918_104023.jpg20220918_104105.jpg20220924_123828.jpg

The second - steel, blackened in traditional way- hot barrel into machine oil.

20221001_205650.jpg20221001_205733.jpg20221002_122414.jpg
As for me - much better. You feel that this is steel)))
The both are in 1:64

The original plans of all the artillery of the ship are now found in the Naval archive and the copies will be ordered soon))

Пушка хороша!!! мне пушку сейчас надо на болиндер, Кане 145, как делать не знаю))

The gun is good!!! I need a gun now for a bolinder, Cane 145, I don’t know how to do it))

Last edited by a moderator:
Пушка хороша!!! мне пушку сейчас надо на болиндер, Кане 145, как делать не знаю))

The gun is good!!! I need a gun now for a bolinder, Cane 145, I don’t know how to do it))
Если есть токарный станок, то надо найти достоверную документацию и делать)

If there is a lathe, then you need to find reliable documentation and do it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, colleagues!)
Decided to start a new thread.
I am now preparing to the new project. It is Russian gun boat Koreets, which alongside with Varyag fight Japanese fleet in Chemulpo in 1904.

This build will be commemorative. The model itself will be dedicated to my grand grandfather who was a 1st class sailor on Koreets.

So far I ordered a 3D model, based on the archive plans, published long ago in Soviet magazines.

Than I ordered a lasercut on 6mm plywood.
This stage is almost completed and now I am waiting for the lusercut finish.

The model will be built in Russian palace style- with the polished brass details, polished guns barrels, etc.
The painting scheme will be as of Far East service period i.e. - white hull.

View attachment 309317

View attachment 309318

View attachment 309319

View attachment 309320

View attachment 309321

View attachment 309322
Hallo @Koreets
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day - btw: are you still working on this interesting model? Maybe you can make and show us an update

Back