kits with "spiled" planks

I am building a Master Korabel kit (the Phoenix) which has laser cut "spiled" planks for the hull. This is a great feature in my opinion -especially for a beginner.

I was wondering whether there are any other brands that include spiled planks in the kits they produce

Thanks
Chuck

I recently built the Master Korabel Phoenix and was so taken with the spiled planks that I produced my own, cut from a sheet, for my current build of the OcCre Revenge. Other aspects of the Phoenix kit I found rather unsatisfactory: poor quality materials and excessive use of laser cut bits that could more easily have been cut from strip. I don't know any other kits that use this planking option.

and also most (or all) PlankOnFrame POF model kits from chinese manufacturers - here often also the inner planking

For example the Le Coureur and also the HMS Granado I am working in moment
Especially the clinker planked hull of the Le Coureur would be hard to make without precut planks

you can find the links to my building logs in my footnote of this post

Mamoli (Dusek) make a detailed, Dutch Statenjacht (State Yacht) in 1:48 scale which is double planked with both layers having pre shaped planks.

Bill

I am building a Master Korabel kit (the Phoenix) which has laser cut "spiled" planks for the hull. This is a great feature in my opinion -especially for a beginner.

I was wondering whether there are any other brands that include spiled planks in the kits they produce

Thanks
Chuck
Hallo @chuckaug
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back