Introduction

I have been modeling ships for several years off and on. My first kit was mamoli Black Prince, I purchased before I had an ACL repair surgery and knew I would be out of work for 6 months as my job requirement had no light duty. After that I have built several different types of ships, paper models, plastics and wooden of various qualities. Mostly just to practice for the more expensive types I am working on. I have even built several of the lego style warships. I work from home now and have been mostly building plastics ships as of late. My last completed build was the Snowberry which I enjoyed. I am finding now though that I need to work on larger scales as my eyes and dexterity with fingers are not what they used to be. Currently I am working on Revell 1:72 pirate ship. I started out my first career in USCG, before becoming a Police Officer for 20 years. I now work from home in the polymer industry. I live in Southern Mass and retired from the Mass State Police in 2016.

Current Build: REVELL 1:72 Pirate Ship
As Type this though I am looking at the box for the King of the Mississippi (artesania latina) and the Sopwith Camel airplane Kit.

I am looking to build the St Roch, I believe the only available kit is the Billings Kit. I have wanted to model the St Roch for several years now. I did build the Airfix Golden Hind which came out rather nice. But it met a tragic end when a bird ended up in my office and knocked if off the wall shelf. The Golden Hind ended up de-masted with a broken bowsprit which destroyed the forward bulkhead as well, several deck fixtures damaged or destroyed. I may attempt to refloat her one day. I am looking forward to learning from your vast experiences on SOS.

Current: 1:72 Pirate Ship REVEL
Current: Mare Nostrum

On Hold: King of the Mississippi
On Hold: Model Airways Sopwith Camel

Completed: HMS Snowberry
Completed: Air Fix Golden Hind (Sunk by bird attack)
Completed: Mamoli Black Prince. Privateer

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, use the search tool to see what others have done and you can check if others have built the kit you are looking at.

What part of USA are you from, we have members all about the country, maybe one close to you if you need help.

Please start a build log so we can follow along and provide comments and help if you need it.

I have been modeling ships for several years off and on. My first kit was a wooden kit I purchased before I had an ACL repair surgery and knew I would be out of work for 6 months as my job requirement had no light duty. After that I have built several different types of ships, paper models, plastics and wooden of various qualities. Mostly just to practice for the more expensive types I am working on. I have even built several of the lego style warships. I work from home now and have been mostly building plastics ships as of late. My last completed build was the Snowberry which I enjoyed. I am finding now though that I need to work on larger scales as my eyes and dexterity with fingers are not what they used to be. Currently I am working on Revell 1:72 pirate ship. I started out my first career in USCG and spend a few years on ships before becoming a Police Officer for 20 years. I now work from home in the polymer industry.

Current Build: REVELL 1:72 Pirate Ship
As Type this though I am looking at the box for the King of the Mississippi (artesania latina) and the Sopwith Camel airplane Kit.

I am looking to build the St Roch, I believe the only available kit is the Billings Kit. I have wanted to model the St Roch for several years now. I did build the Airfix Golden Hind which came out rather nice. But it met a tragic end when a bird ended up in my office and knocked if off the wall shelf. The Golden Hind ended up de-masted with a broken bowsprit which destroyed the forward bulkhead as well, several deck fixtures damaged or destroyed. I may attempt to refloat her one day. I am looking forward to learning from your vast experiences on SOS.
Welcome to our Merry Group!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back