Info Needed - Panart Amerigo Vespucci - 741

Well, I added to my stash and I am pretty excited. I picked up this version of the Amerigo Vespucci 741 and I believe it dates to around 1994. I say this because inside the box I found a torn clipping from a model expo catalog dated 1994. I can't find any info on this version and I am hoping someone has built this version or has some insight. I have a full set of plans (in Italian) but no building guidebook, etc.

I am at least 1 year out from starting this one....as I am wrapping up my Occre Beagle and have the HMS Montanes scheduled next, but I just couldn't resist getting this one. I absolutely love the Amerigo Vespucci and I am hoping my building skills will be up to the task after the Montanes. I am following a couple of build logs of the Vespucci now, but I cannot find this exact version.

Anyway, if anyone has any guidance or info, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
IMG_7103.JPGIMG_7108.jpgIMG_7105.JPGIMG_7109.jpgIMG_7110.jpgIMG_7113.JPGIMG_7112.JPG

This site is an incredible source of information. After searching around, I found a build log from Ken on same version....boy I love this site. Here is Ken's build log for those interested.

Hi Gene. Congratulations on getting your kit, it looks like the older version the same as mine. This is far better than the newer version, it has brass sheet, the new one has been cheapened by making do with ply sheet instead, losing some of its visual impact. There is a lot to do but much of the work is just lots of small almost stand alone and fun projects that you work your way through. I’ve built a number of ships and the Amerigo was my favourite. I’m sure that you’ll enjoy it as much as I did, good luck, I envy you. Ken

Thanks Ken, I am going through your build and I am so thankful to have it. I will do a build log as well but I think it will be about a year before I start ……

some weeks ago we dclarified already the question about the scales of the Amerigo Panart-kit
the 1:66 and the 1:84 are the same kit

also maybe interesting for you the other building logs etc. about the Panart kit

Well, I added to my stash and I am pretty excited. I picked up this version of the Amerigo Vespucci 741 and I believe it dates to around 1994. I say this because inside the box I found a torn clipping from a model expo catalog dated 1994. I can't find any info on this version and I am hoping someone has built this version or has some insight. I have a full set of plans (in Italian) but no building guidebook, etc.

I am at least 1 year out from starting this one....as I am wrapping up my Occre Beagle and have the HMS Montanes scheduled next, but I just couldn't resist getting this one. I absolutely love the Amerigo Vespucci and I am hoping my building skills will be up to the task after the Montanes. I am following a couple of build logs of the Vespucci now, but I cannot find this exact version.

Anyway, if anyone has any guidance or info, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
View attachment 429256View attachment 429260View attachment 429262View attachment 429264View attachment 429265View attachment 429266View attachment 429267
Hi Gene
The ship I am currently building is also #741 from Mantua/Panart but it's a newer version (2005 I believe)
It has booklets rather than the plans you are showing

Hi Gene
The ship I am currently building is also #741 from Mantua/Panart but it's a newer version (2005 I believe)
It has booklets rather than the plans you are showing
Thanks Gilbert, as I mentioned in your build log, you are to blame for making me fall in love with the AV. By the time I start mine, I would expect yours to be finished and your log will continue to inspire, motivate, and give me the confidence to take on this project. I thank Barcomad, Gilbertm,and Ken for their logs and feedback. I'll say it again, this site is incredible, I could not imagine getting into this hobby without it.

Thanks Gilbert, as I mentioned in your build log, you are to blame for making me fall in love with the AV. By the time I start mine, I would expect yours to be finished and your log will continue to inspire, motivate, and give me the confidence to take on this project. I thank Barcomad, Gilbertm,and Ken for their logs and feedback. I'll say it again, this site is incredible, I could not imagine getting into this hobby without it.
Thanks Gene
I hope to be completed by the summer :cool:
Happy to provide input as required

Very Nice - Can't wait to see this one.

Back