I sure didn't now about degluing superglue

When the CA was applied to the salt pile in the shark former you could see the exothermic reaction. Cool

Now I have to try sticking my fingers together and trying this. Usually, I use CA debonder in a situation like that, but who wants solvents leaching into their skin?

I am reporting back. This does not work as well as it looks in this video. I was using Bob Smith's medium gel and debonder still works way faster. Others results may vary.

Still neat though.

but who wants solvents leaching into their skin?
When doing a fibreglass course a few years back we were warned against using acetone to remove epoxy from skin, it actually drives the epoxy into your pores, I imagine acetone would do the same with ca.

I use acetone as a ca debonder but definitely not on my skin.

I don't have any to 'snif', is ca debonder acetone based ?

When doing a fibreglass course a few years back we were warned against using acetone to remove epoxy from skin, it actually drives the epoxy into your pores, I imagine acetone would do the same with ca.

I use acetone as a ca debonder but definitely not on my skin.

I don't have any to 'snif', is ca debonder acetone based ?
For sure It's not healthy for normal use. The CA debonder is probably acetone-based, it works only slightly faster than regular acetone.

I have found only chemical solvents will remove CA glue on my fingers. I use as little as possible.

For sure It's not healthy for normal use. The CA debonder is probably acetone-based, it works only slightly faster than regular acetone.
Acetone is an exceedingly dry chemical related to alcohol. They bubble ether through it to dry it. It goes right through the skin and blood vessel walls. It bonds to water which we are mostly composed of. It may also go through the blood/brain barrier. Why are so many fiberglass workers alcoholics — I always wondered….

Back