Hohenzollernmodell 1660-1670 Scale 1/75 POF build by Stephan Kertész (Steef66)

Thanks all for the likes, comments and Visit.
The floor timbers are in shape and I also constructed the Kolzem, in English Keelson. Luckily the Keelson is almost straight, only a light bend on the bow- and stern section. Only a precise and strong clamping in that area was necessary to get it in place. The thickness of the keelson is 5 mm. and a width of 12 mm. Not easy to bend, but in this case a "makkie" (Dutch for a easy job)
Only them clamping was a little more.... How too?
I got a Idea with my Proxxon MF70. The z-axle is with a screw and pretty strong. So I used this to do the job.
IMG_4446.JPG
IMG_4447.JPG

Yes it looks dangerous to do it this way, but surprisingly enough the construction of keel, planks and floor timber is very strong. I used a hammer and chisel to shape the floor timbers, that also went very well. After a long time of drying (the glue need to harden before I get the ship out of the construction) I nailed the keelson to the floor timber with brass nails. Next thing on my list is a few layers of hull planks and a lot of study how to go further with the floor.

IMG_4448.JPGIMG_4449.JPGIMG_4450.JPGIMG_4451.JPGIMG_4452.JPG

thanks for watching

Thanks all for the likes, comments and Visit.
The floor timbers are in shape and I also constructed the Kolzem, in English Keelson. Luckily the Keelson is almost straight, only a light bend on the bow- and stern section. Only a precise and strong clamping in that area was necessary to get it in place. The thickness of the keelson is 5 mm. and a width of 12 mm. Not easy to bend, but in this case a "makkie" (Dutch for a easy job)
Only them clamping was a little more.... How too?
I got a Idea with my Proxxon MF70. The z-axle is with a screw and pretty strong. So I used this to do the job.
View attachment 444774
View attachment 444775

Yes it looks dangerous to do it this way, but surprisingly enough the construction of keel, planks and floor timber is very strong. I used a hammer and chisel to shape the floor timbers, that also went very well. After a long time of drying (the glue need to harden before I get the ship out of the construction) I nailed the keelson to the floor timber with brass nails. Next thing on my list is a few layers of hull planks and a lot of study how to go further with the floor.

View attachment 444776View attachment 444777View attachment 444778View attachment 444779View attachment 444780

thanks for watching
With only 2 hands your have to be inventive to install such a long piece of wood, Stephan. And the nails will hold the keelson in place.
Regards, Peter

Back