HMS Victory Stern and Officers Galleries

Hi All, I am a very new member and looking forward to engaging with the many modellers and member's of Ships of Scale.
Started HMS Victory, 1:72. A year ago and at the stage looking to start the Stern Fascia, Transom and Gallery decorations and mouldings.
My package did not seem to include a detailed build.
Could someone please advise on how I can obtain detailed drawings and procedures. Books to purchase or manuals.
Thanks for your help. Modelman

I would start with "The Anatomy of Nelson's Ships" by C Nepean Longridge. Also, "The 100 gun ship Victory" (Anatomy of the ship) by John McKay.

I would start with "The Anatomy of Nelson's Ships" by C Nepean Longridge. Also, "The 100 gun ship Victory" (Anatomy of the ship) by John McKay.
Thank yo for your reply.
Have just purchased and received Nepean Longridge's book. Very interesting. But noted he did not cover the Stern as I quite expected. Contacted Caldercraft and they have been quite helpful.
Would you know if the "100 Gun Ship Victory". Has a more detailed model aspect. As the book seems quite expensive, and the import duty even more to Australia.

I’m building the Victory and the three books I’m using are.
1) Anatomy of Nelson’s Ships
by Nepean Longridge
2) The 100-Gun Ship VICTORY
Anatomy Of The Ship series
by John McKay
3). HMS Victory
Her Construction, Career and Restoration.
by Alan McGowan

Plus lots of photos of models and the actual ship downloaded from Google.
Plus photos I took when I visited the ship. But for that you’ll need to go to Portsmouth, UK.

Thank yo for your reply.
Have just purchased and received Nepean Longridge's book. Very interesting. But noted he did not cover the Stern as I quite expected. Contacted Caldercraft and they have been quite helpful.
Would you know if the "100 Gun Ship Victory". Has a more detailed model aspect. As the book seems quite expensive, and the import duty even more to Australia.
It does have some drawings of the stern. You can try ABE Books to find a used copy.

I’m building the Victory and the three books I’m using are.
1) Anatomy of Nelson’s Ships
by Nepean Longridge
2) The 100-Gun Ship VICTORY
Anatomy Of The Ship series
by John McKay
3). HMS Victory
Her Construction, Career and Restoration.
by Alan McGowan

Plus lots of photos of models and the actual ship downloaded from Google.
Plus photos I took when I visited the ship. But for that you’ll need to go to Portsmouth, UK.
Thanks BarrySR.Great reply. Will look into the McKay edition. But are very expensive. Funny you mentioned Portsmouth. I lived there. Joined the RN-FAA and once paraded in front of the Victory in '68. Wish I had payed as much attention to the Victory as I do now. Will be in Portsmouth in November this year

Hi All, I am a very new member and looking forward to engaging with the many modellers and member's of Ships of Scale.
Started HMS Victory, 1:72. A year ago and at the stage looking to start the Stern Fascia, Transom and Gallery decorations and mouldings.
My package did not seem to include a detailed build.
Could someone please advise on how I can obtain detailed drawings and procedures. Books to purchase or manuals.
Thanks for your help. Modelman
Hallo @Modelman
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back