HMS Victory 1:78 by Mantua ,Panart - Build log

Now, having finally managed to complete the sanding and grouting of the hull, I began to drill the holes for the gun ports in the first planking

IMG_20240425_091254160.jpg

IMG_20240425_095123803.jpg

As you can see from the photos, I had no difficulty marking the holes with the template provided in the package.
Naturally I had the foresight to mark the points of intersection with the bulkhead in advance, in order to ensure that there was no significant interference.
After thinking about it for a long time, I decided to drill the holes in the first planking, before gluing the second one.
By doing so I think I can more easily obtain precise holes in which to install the port frames. We'll see.

Now, having finally managed to complete the sanding and grouting of the hull, I began to drill the holes for the gun ports in the first planking

View attachment 443668

View attachment 443669

As you can see from the photos, I had no difficulty marking the holes with the template provided in the package.
Naturally I had the foresight to mark the points of intersection with the bulkhead in advance, in order to ensure that there was no significant interference.
After thinking about it for a long time, I decided to drill the holes in the first planking, before gluing the second one.
By doing so I think I can more easily obtain precise holes in which to install the port frames. We'll see.
Good evening Ismaele. Looking very good indeed. Yep the template works if lined up correctly. I remember a tiny shaving of one or two of the bulkheads up front. Your gratings, belay pin racks/knightheads etc also look great. It is a fun build enjoy. Cheers Grant

Back