HMS Investigator 1798-1812 on

G'day Allan, Happy Birthday, just a quick question, I noticed on your drawings that the green house is a shorter version than the one shown on the Admiralty drawings, Just wondering,
Best regards John,

G'day Allan, Happy Birthday, just a quick question, I noticed on your drawings that the green house is a shorter version than the one shown on the Admiralty drawings, Just wondering,
Best regards John,
Hi John. Yes the green house was built and to be fitted in NSW. On installation Flinders had it reduced by one third as he was concerned about the weight in the quarter deck. It is noted in his journal. There is also one line stating, carpenters constructing a skylight. I have been working on rigging plans. If I had known this would take 2 years l may have given it another thought.
Regards Allan.

Hi John. Yes the green house was built and to be fitted in NSW. On installation Flinders had it reduced by one third as he was concerned about the weight in the quarter deck. It is noted in his journal. There is also one line stating, carpenters constructing a skylight. I have been working on rigging plans. If I had known this would take 2 years l may have given it another thought.
Regards Allan.
Thankyou Allan, hope you are feeling better now, if I had time I would like to have made another model of the Investigator from your plans, then I could have had a Bob each way, from the gallery perspective, LoL,
Best regards John,

May I please have the plans. I would love to build this beautiful vessel

Back